Travel Insurance from Holiday Extras
Travel insurance and the FCDO
Holiday Extras' travel insurance policies only cover trips to places that the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently considers suitable for "non-essential" travel.
If you are travelling to a country where the FCDO advises against "non-essential" travel, we recommend you take out specialist insurance, such as that provided by our partners battleface.
Welcome back to holidays! Our flexible policies, with three different levels of cover are here to help you travel hassle-free in the new normal.
With over 30 years' experience selling travel insurance, half a million policies sold annually and Globe's Best Insurance Provider twelve years running, it's safe to say we know a thing or two about travel insurance. That's why, at Holiday Extras we've put together three levels of cover that can be tailored specifically to your individual needs.
Book on or offline! We have over 30 trained insurance specialists, as well as an Insurance Support Page waiting to help you book the perfect policy and answer any questions you may have.
We've also put together the Holiday Extras' Hassle-free Holiday Hub, your one-stop shop for information to get you prepared for travel returning.
Why is Travel Insurance important?
To put it simply: travel insurance or 'holiday insurance' is a precaution. When going on holiday you invest money in your trip: from transport, parking, accommodation and luggage — not to mention your health too.
Whether you need a single trip or annual travel insurance policy, or maybe you're setting sail and need cruise insurance — we have a wide array of comparable cover level options for you to choose from.
Alongside our trusted, reliable and comprehensive cover, Holiday Extras are also specialists for medical travel insurance. If you have a serious medical condition (or multiple conditions), our compassionate and understanding team will work with you to find you a policy that meets your requirements.
With over 99% of common conditions covered, we are proud to say that our specialist medical cover meets the requirements for inclusion on the Money Advice Service (MAS) travel insurance directory.
Four reasons to choose Holiday Extras as your travel insurance provider:
|Three different cover level options
to suit your travel needs
|Voted best insurance provider by the Globe Travel Awards 2020||We will consider ALL medical conditions||Cruise cover for itinerary change, cabin confinement and abandonment|
|UK Staycation cover available for those not travelling internationally||Rated 4.2 out of 5 on Trustpilot||Up to £15 million worth of medical cover||We're partnered with the largest cruise lines|
|Single or Annual? Europe or Worldwide?||Recommended and used by over 500 travel agents||COVID cover included||No upper age limit on single trip policies|
|Extras including gadget cover, winter sports, extreme sports available.||Award-winning Kent-based contact centre||24/7 online medical screening||We offer medical and non-medical cruise policies|
Holiday Extras' enhanced Covid cover:
While travel restrictions are slowly lifting, we understand that this is still an unpredictable time. As such, peace of mind is of the utmost importance.
That's why our enhanced Covid policy has you covered for the following:
- Cancellation if you or anyone insured on your policy contracts COVID-19 prior to travelling and receives a positive test within 14 days prior to the travel start date.
- Cancellation if you, anyone insured on this policy, or a household member had to isolate at home due to Covid-19
- Abandonment cover if you, or anyone insured on this policy were denied boarding by your transport provider on the outward journey of your trip due to having or being suspected of having an infectious disease including Covid-19.
- Curtailment if the customer or their travel companion were diagnosed with an infectious disease during their trip (including contracting Covid-19).
- Up to £10,000,000 if you require emergency medical treatment abroad.
- Cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if you are discharged from hospital but medically unable to return home immediately.
- Costs for one other person to stay with you, or to travel to you from the UK and accompany you home.
- Travel costs to or from a hospital relating to your admission, discharge or attendance for outpatient treatment.
- Travel costs to and from appointments, or for the collection of medication prescribed for you by the hospital and the cost of additional food and drink.
- Cover for additional accommodation and/or return transportation if you are denied boarding your return flight due to having or being suspected of having COVID-19.
Available on Gold, Gold Cruise, Cruise Medical unless otherwise stated.
Why do I need travel insurance for my holiday?
While no one wants to think about worst-case scenarios on holiday, it is worth having a safety net in place should something go wrong down the line that could potentially leave you out of pocket. That's why it's important to have the best travel insurance for your own specific needs.
What is the Money Advice Service (MAS) travel insurance directory?
The MAS directory will help you find a travel insurance provider if you have a serious medical condition.
The directory can't provide quotes itself - but it can direct you to specialist firms that can. All firms, such as Holiday Extras Cover Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and have been through a rigorous selection process to prove their specialism. Holiday Extras Cover are proud to be featured in the directory.
Contact details for the Money Advice Service:
Telephone: 0800 138 7777 Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Typetalk: 18001 0800 915 4622 Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Travel insurance reviews
Holiday Extras Cover Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848, Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address, Ashford road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is registered in Ireland No. 306045. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac’s Registered Office is First Floor, Rineanna House, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those for firms based in the UK. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website, our FRN is 203320.