Worldwide Travel Insurance
So your bags are packed and an intercontinental adventure awaits you. Naturally, this exciting prospect could knock buying a travel insurance policy down to the bottom of your priority list. However, booking a reliable travel insurance policy before embarking on your trip is an absolute must, and could potentially save you thousands of pounds in the event of having to make a claim.
With any holiday, there's always the possibility that things won't run as smoothly as you might like. Finding the best travel insurance policy suited to your needs can provide much needed cover in case of cancellations, medical emergencies or the loss and theft of personal possessions.
With Holiday Extras' worldwide travel insurance, we always take your destination into account. If you plan to travel to the USA, Canada or the Caribbean, visiting these coutries will affect the price of your insurance. The USA is notorious for its expensive medical costs, so worldwide travel insurance will incorporate this higher premium into your policy. Other worldwide destinations such as Mexico, Thailand or India could be comparatively cheaper due to less expensive medical care.
Compare levels of cover for worldwide travel insurance
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
Types of cover
We have two types of policies and three levels of cover, giving you the freedom to choose exactly how much cover you feel is necessary for your trip. If you are planning the holiday of a lifetime that could last several months, then a single trip policy.
For more frequent travellers it may be worth purchasing an annual travel insurance policy, as this gives you cover for an unlimited number of trips throughout a 365 day period. Please note that each trip must start and end in the UK and can't exceed the maximum trip duration stated in your policy wording. Your trip will also need a minimum of 1 night stay for cover to be valid, as our annual travel insurance won't cover for day-trips.
It's important to know what you are covered for, but it's also equally important to know what your cover doesn't include! We have winter sports cover available to add to all our policies, which gives you protection against piste closure, can be used to insure both hired and personal ski equipment.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
It can be difficult to find a cheap provider of worldwide travel insurance whilst suffering with a medical condition. At Holiday Extras, we beleive that everyone should be able to benefit from reliable travel insurance cover, no matter the condition and at a reasonable price. That's why we work hard to make sure that we can deliver a policy that covers your condition for a reasonable price. Be sure to have disclosed all pre-existing conditions in the medical screening process to give us the best chance of finding cover that suits your needs.
It is possible to cancel your international travel insurance policy within 14 days of making your purchase, during which time, we can fully refund your payment. If your cancellation falls outside of this duration then it's still possible to cancel your policy. If you have travelled on the policy, made a claim or intend to make a claim, we won't be able to provide a refund.
Tips for long-haul travel
- Remain mobile on lengthy journeys, whether you're flying, driving or taking a plane or ferry. Sitting still for long hours can exacerbate medical health problems, and can even cause deep vein thrombosis.
- Bring plenty of medical supplies with you, particularly if you have a pre-existing condition. On long flights you are unlikely to be able to restock if you have a medical condition, and medical supplies can be hard to find and expensive in foreign countries.
- Restrict your plans in the immediate aftermath of a long flight. When your plane arrives you'll be tired and jetlagged, so allow yourself some time to relax and recover.
- Plan ahead. Arranging accommodation and transport from a port or airport will come as a real relief for tired travellers, who then have extra time to recharge before they begin exploring.
To find some more great travel tips, visit our Holiday Extras blog where you can also explore worldwide destinations!
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848, Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address, Ashford road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is registered in Ireland No. 306045. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac’s Registered Office is First Floor, Rineanna House, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those for firms based in the UK. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website, our FRN is 203320.