Loading, please wait...
Dog Friendly Breaks UK
Book your pawfect dog friendly accommodation in idyllic locations with Holiday Extras!
At Holiday Extras we know your dog is part of the family and a short break wouldn't be the same without them so we've partnered with hand-picked dog friendly accommodation in idyllic locations throughout the UK to help you find the pawfect holiday. Our picturesque destinations offer comfort and tranquillity as well as stunning views and acres of outdoor space. Along with your pampered pooch being catered for at the hotel, we've researched exciting dog friendly activities that the whole family can enjoy during your weekend break or longer stay. Leave us to take the hassle out of fetching your next holiday and round up these cosy hound hideaways, providing the ideal base from which you and your furry friend can explore the scenery and admire the wildlife.
Why book with Holiday Extras?
We've personally selected the best locations and hotels for the pawfect short break.
Dogs Eat FREE on 1st Night
Choose from chicken, beef or vegetarian - wet fresh or dry food available.
Bring more than One Furry Friend
Bring another canine companion with you on your trip. Up to 2 dogs maximum.
Dog Beds & Bowls included
Your dog will be well catered for at these pooch friendly places.
UK Dog Friendly Breaks in Windsor
Top of our list of ideal destinations for a dog break has to be Windsor and Maidenhead. You won't need to spend much time in this Royal Borough before you spot the fact that it's an ideal holiday hotspot for you and your four-legged friends. With so much wide-open green space right on the doorstep there's a multitude of picturesque dog walks available. There's Windsor Great Park, the Thames Path and acres of National Trust land with a network of widely-used footpaths and byways just waiting to be explored. Enjoy access to some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK and finest reaches of the River Thames. At Holiday Extras we have hand-picked glorious accommodation that's quirky, comfortable and great value for money to make your stay as memorable as possible for you and your pet. There's even special dog friendly delights within each hotel package too so get packing and book a break to one of these rural escapes today!
Moxy Slough Hotel - Marriot
Book the best dog-friendly break for just £125*, for 2 people and up to 2 dogs + dog eats for FREE on the 1st night!
Pamper yourself and your pooch in style at the 4* Moxy hotel in Slough. Situated close to both Windsor and London, this stylish hotel is uniquely designed and offers a contemporary appeal to any holiday maker. The Moxy Slough hotel incorporates graphics from the world-famous puppet TV show Thunderbirds (which was filmed in Slough in the 1960s) into its designs. Along with providing a fantastic overnight stay, the on-site Moxy Bar provides on the go food and drinks available at all hours and is well rehearsed in shaking and serving the best Martini's around.
What's near the Moxy Slough hotel?
As well as acres of dog walking locations available nearby, the Moxy Slough is close to Slough train station which means you can be in Central London within 15 minutes, you can even be in Twickenham or Wembley in 20 minutes by train. Both Ascot and Windsor racecourses are just around the corner and Dorney Lake is just down the road.
- On-site gym
- On-site restaurant
- Off-site parking
- Up to 2 pets allowed - Maximum pet weight: 34lbs
- Dog bed & dog toy
- Dog bowl & dog treats
- Map of local walks
- Dog eats for FREE on the 1st night!
Book Tickets & Hotel Stay
Residence Inn Hotel - Marriot
Book a great dog-friendly stay for just £125*, for 2 people and up to 2 dogs with exclusive extras!
Relax in luxury at the 4* Residence Inn hotel in Slough as you enjoy breathtaking views of the London skyline. Enjoy a spacious studio, one and two-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas. There's a fully equipped kitchen ready for your favourite cuisine and grocery delivery service available to fill your refrigerator, as well as local restaurant dinner delivery. The popular on-site Moxy Bar is open for breakfast, lunch and evening dining, serving 'ginspiration' and all-day snacking. It's a great destination if you're hungry for a quick bite to eat or to share.
What's near the Residence Inn hotel?
Situated less than 5 miles away from Windsor Castle and LEGOLAND® Windsor, you're on the doorstep of several popular attractions. Perfectly situated close to acres of beautiful countryside that's perfect for dog walking, there's ample outdoor green space to explore.
- Free Wi-Fi
- On-site fitness-centre
- Complimentary off-site parking
- 2 pets max per room
- Free hot breakfast
- Dog bed & dog toy
- Dog bowl & dog treats
- Map of local walks
- Dog eats for FREE on the 1st night!
Book Tickets & Hotel Stay
Moxy Slough and Residence Inn Hotel FAQs
Whether it's dog food or dog beds, we've gathered a list of frequently asked questions you may like answers to before you book. Here's what our partner hotels have to say, to ensure a dog friendly stay!
If dogs are left unattended in the room, will I have a sign to let housekeeping know there's a dog in the room?
Yes, the hotel provides a sign for your door which prevents the housekeeper entering, but if the dog sounds distressed the hotel will contact the dog owner.
Are there water bowls provided around the hotel?
Yes, water bowls are available for your dog in communal areas.
If a guest chooses to bring their own dog food, will there be cutlery (eg. a tin opener) in the room?
Yes certainly, cutlery is available.
Will the 1st night complimentary dog food be in the hotel room?
Yes, this will be in your hotel room. There are a variety of dog food choices available. If you contact the hotel directly 24hrs after making your booking, you can let the hotel know what flavour of dog food your dog would like. You can also notify the hotel of how many dogs you have.
What type of dog food is provided?
Your choice of either wet fresh or dry food is available. The flavours of dog food available are chicken, beef or vegetarian.
Can I choose the type of dog bed provided?
Yes, you can choose if you'd prefer a low sided or a high sided bed for your dog.
Do you provide dog poo bags for guests to use?
Yes, these are available from reception.
Are there any dog poo bins outside on the hotel grounds?
There are public bins outside.
Top dog friendly walks and things to do in Windsor
- Black Park Country Park - Enjoy 500 acres of woodland with miles of beautiful woodland tracks and trails, and opportunities for wildlife spotting. With family-friendly attractions including the adventure playground Go Ape, the park offers something for everyone to enjoy.
- The National Trust Cliveden - With glorious gardens and woodlands overlooking the River Thames, dogs are welcome at Cliveden. The estate has green and amber zones where dogs are allowed on and off the lead. There are over 300 acres of woodland, fields and riverbank that are open to dogs and their owners.
- Ray Mill Island - This exquisite Ray Mill Island in the River Thames in England at Boulter's Lock near Maidenhead is a great place for a family picnic, with toilet facilities, picnic tables and benches on-site. There's a café in the summer and children will love the adventure play area that's suitable for children between the ages of 3 and 8 years. There's also an aviary and guinea pig enclosure, as well as wooden animals dotted around for imaginative play.
- Windsor Great Park - With over 4,800 acres of parkland at Windsor Great Park there's lots of new friends and stretches of magnificent grass for your dog to discover. The Lakeside walks, wild forests and open fields offer an unrivalled variety of short and longer walks across great trails and tracks that are sure to keep your dog happy. Among the numerous walks available is Virginia Water, Obelisk Lawn, Smiths Lawn, the Deer Park and the Valley Gardens.
- The Thames Path - Take an idyllic stroll along the River Thames where there's a plethora of enjoyable walks available. Park at the National Trust car park at Cookham Moor and ramble along the river to Cock Marsh where dogs can enjoy getting their paws wet in the Thames.
- Dorney Lake - Enjoy a walk along the outstanding 2012 rowing venue, where the first Great Britain Gold of the London 2012 games was won. Dogs are to be kept on their lead as you explore Dorney Lake's wonderful parkland. Nearby Crocus at Dorney Court is a delightful dog friendly garden centre and café where dogs are welcome in the walled garden and the nursery area (as long as they are well behaved, and keep their owners on a lead). There is also a dog friendly section of the café where owners and their dogs can relax. You can even give your dog a complimentary dog biscuit from the jar of dog treats on the table.
- Runnymede - Famed for being the historical site of the sealing of the Magna Carta, there are great adventures to be had at the National Trust's site at Runnymede. Bring the dog and pick a trail at Runnymede or at neighbouring Ankerwycke where dogs are welcome all year round.
- The Tootbus Windsor - Dogs are permitted on the Tootbus Windsor which has a hop-on hop-off flexible service where you can explore many of Windsor's main sites at your leisure. The perfect day trip with family or friends, the Tootbus Windsor allows you to explore Windsor at your own pace. Experience Windsor's top landmarks and witness stunning views as you learn key facts about Windsor through an informative audio guide.
- Pet Shops in Windsor - If you're after a treat or pristine new toy for your four-legged friend there's a couple of appealing pet shops in the area you could visit. There's Pets Corner Windsor on Arthur Road and the quirky A Dog's Life Co on Eton High Street and at Windsor Royal Station, which is a luxury lifestyle shop for all your dogs' needs.
- Dog friendly restaurants in Windsor - When you ask around it's comforting how many shops are more than happy to allow dogs inside to browse alongside their owners, as well as pubs who welcome a dog to sit under a table. The George Inn in Eton, the flagship pub of the renowned Windsor & Eton Brewery, for instance is the perfect dog friendly pub. There's a dog friendly restaurant, bar area and garden area with water bowls available - there's even dog treats behind the bar. Additionally, in the warmer weather there are many cafés with outside tables and chairs available. Several cafés in Windsor Yards, Peascod Street, Lower Peascod Street, Guildhall Island and the High Street provide great al fresco dining.
Did you know? ...
If you take your dog for a pet friendly escape in Windsor, you will be following in royal footsteps! After all, the Queen herself loves dogs and has long been associated with Corgis. Most people had never heard of the breed until 1933 when they saw a photograph of a seven-year-old Princess Elizabeth holding a Corgi puppy at Glamis Castle. The Queen has had Corgis and the cross breed, Dorgies, ever since.
If you take a trip to Bachelors Acre situated off Victoria Street, Windsor you can see a statue of 'The Windsor Lady' which was sculpted by local artist Lydia Karpinska and installed as part of the Diamond Jubilee Year celebrations. The elegant statue depicts The Queen informally dressed and comfortably seated, surrounded by several of her pet dogs.
Top 10 tips for travelling with your dog in the UK
- Plan your trip around your pet - It really goes without saying but it's important to research the ideal dog friendly holiday, this includes whether the hotel you're staying at allows dogs and is suitable. It's a good idea to check if there are any restrictions, such as areas that are off-limits for pets.
- Make sure your dog is in tip top condition before you travel with them - It can be a good idea to take your dog to the vet before travelling just to make sure they have a clean bill of health and are fully up-to-date with vaccinations and other treatments such as worming.
- Keep them comfortable during the travel time - Whether that means the 'pawfect' fitting crate, or the correct size harness if you're travelling by car. It's good to get them used to it before travel, or they may try and wriggle out of it!
- Make sure your dog is well hydrated along the journey - Always have a bottle of water and a bowl so they can have a drink at any time throughout the trip.
- Get your dog used to travel - If you're planning on taking a long drive to your dog friendly destination, it's a great idea to take your pet on short drives first to get them used to it.
- Never leave your dog alone in the car - This especially applies during the hot months because it can be very dangerous to leave your dogs inside the car.
- If you're taking a road trip, be sure to make plenty of stops - If you are travelling on a long journey, it's a good idea to stop every few hours. Taking a little walk means you can stretch your legs and so can your dog!
- Bring something along to keep your dog entertained - This could be a tasty treat, something to chew on, or perhaps their favourite toy. It's the perfect way of making sure your pet feels comforted and secure.
- Make sure where you're staying is a home-from-home for your dog - It is a good idea to take as many of their familiar items along as possible such as your pet's own bed, blankets and toys because it can make a big difference to their experience. Once you've arrived, show them their new surroundings and let them explore so they start to feel at home as soon as possible. Dogs tend to be creatures of habit so stick to their routine of feed and walk times where possible.
- Get the contact details of a local vet - Hopefully you won't need to contact a vet on holiday but if your pet does fall ill or get hurt while you are away it is good to be prepared. Research some vets that are close to where you're staying and keep their details handy throughout your stay. Going for a walk through beautiful countryside with your dog is one of the perks of travelling with them but make sure there are no dangers about such as cliff edges, streams or wild animals. It's important to keep your dog safe on your trip by being extra vigilant.
* Please check the individual hotel's specific requirements and restrictions for dogs. The lead price is for 2 people and up to 2 dogs staying at the Moxy Slough. Please check individual prices and availability via the 'booking engine'. Prices correct at time of writing but are subject to change.
You may also like to check out ...
"On that trip I learnt something very important. Escape through travel works. Almost from the moment I boarded my flight, life in England became meaningless. Seat-belt signs lit up, problems switched off. Broken armrests took precedence over broken hearts. By the time the plane was airborne I’d forgotten England even existed."Alex Garland, The Beach