Travel Insurance for Children
Have you been looking for great value children's travel insurance, but aren't sure how to go about buying for under 18s? It might be among a thousand other things on an ever-growing to-do list for your holiday.
We're all about making travel insurance as straightforward for you as possible. We want to help ensure the whole family can enjoy less hassle and more holiday, without compromising quality for cost.
Both of our Single Trip and Annual travel insurance policies offer flexible cover for your children at a great price. With the choice of three different cover levels, you can select the most suitable level of cover for your personal needs. While we don't have any lower or upper age limits on our single policies, if you want to buy annual travel insurance for children they must travel with an adult and not independently.
Compare children's travel insurance cover levels
When you book children's travel insurance you will have a choice of three varying cover levels. Below is a breakdown of what you are exactly covered for. For a more in-depth overview of what each policy level offers, be sure to check out our policy documents page.
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
Can children travel alone?
You might wonder at what age children can legally travel alone and where this stands with insurance.
Children are able to travel independently on Single Trip policies with Holiday Extras. However, for Annual Multi-Trip policies, children or (under 18s) must travel with an adult. With both of our policies, we've made sure every child travel insurance policy is equipped with suitable levels of medical cover, lost luggage, cancellation and repatriation cover.
To make sure their journey runs smoothly, always ensure that children aged 17 and under are accompanied to their departure point by a responsible adult. We encourage to check the age resitrictions (if any) the company you are travelling with adopts. Check out our page on flying under 18 years of age.
Travel advice for children going on holiday
If you'd like some more tips and advice on travelling with the kids or inspiration for the next family holiday, check out our other pages below:
- Travelling with a baby
- Child travelling alone
- Top tips on flying with your children
- Flying with a toddler
- Tips for boating with babies and toddlers
- Travelling by train with your children
- Travelling with a child who has chickenpox
- Getting through the airport with your child
- Top childrens' holiday activities
- Keeping the kids occupied on car journeys
- How to keep your children safe on holiday
- How to deal with a jet-lagged child
- Can a child travel alone on a ferry?
- What destintions should I avoid with my baby?
- Travelling with children with different surnames
- Can children travel alone in a taxi?
- Flying with a baby
- Can children travel alone on a train?
- When are the Uk School Holidays?
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.