Loading, please wait...
Travel Insurance for Pregnancy
Expectant mothers are often presented with a unique set of considerations when it comes to purchasing travel insurance while pregnant.
You might be wondering if you need to declare your pregnancy when booking travel insurance. If you haven't had any complications with your current pregnancy, or a previous one, you will not need to screen it as a medical condition.
Unlike other insurers who offer specialist pregnancy travel insurance, with Holiday Extras all of our policies include emergency medical expenses for pregnancy and childbirth from week 0 to week 28 whilst you're away.
Is pregnancy classed as a medical condition for travel insurance?
If you are experiencing complications with your current pregnancy, or have done with previous pregnancy, you will need to declare this when booking your policy. If you have a pre-existing medical condition that has a greater risk of causing medical complications with your pregnancy, then you will need to declare it and screen your condition(s).
For the later stages of pregnancies (week 29 to week 40), we do not offer cover for claims relating to normal pregnancy and normal childbirth or cancellation.
Medical expenses and cancellation cover is provided in the later stages should the following complications arise:
- Gestational hypertension
- Eptopic pregnancy
- Post-partum haemorrage
- Molar pregnancy, or hydatidiform mole
- Retained placenta membrane
- Placental abruption
- Hyperemesis gravidarum
- Placenta praevia
- Emergency Caesarean
- A termination needed for medical reasons
- Premature birth more than 12 weeks (or 16 weeks if you know you're having more than one baby) before the expected delivery date.
Compare pregnancy travel insurance levels of cover
Policy cover level table:
Travel insurance and pregnancy: the do's and dont's
- If you're travelling by plane, do be sure to check what your airline carrier specifies as the accepted time to travel for pregnant women. The standard will vary depending on the airline as many airlines have differing pregnancy acceptance levels. It's always best to check well in advance of booking, as you could end up being refused to board the aircraft. If this happens, we do not cover denial of boarding by your carrier, therefore rendering your insurance invalid.
- Don't forget to visit your doctor beforehand and notify them of your travel plans. They'll be able to advise how best to travel in your condition, and also whether it's wise to travel at all.
- Remember to return 8 weeks prior to your due date no matter how long you plan to travel for
How to book
To book online, or to get a quote, simply click below and consider the following information:
- - Region: UK, Europe or Worldwide?
- - Date: When will you be going?
- - Money: The total cost of the holiday including travel?
- - Health: Any pre-existing medical conditions?
For full information regarding the ins-and-outs of your travel insurance policy, take a look at our policy documents.
Before you book, be sure to read up on all of our levels of cover. To do so, visit our travel insurance page.
Do you have a pre-existing medical condition?
If you have a medical condition and looking to find an affordable policy then be sure to have a read of our pre-existing conditions pages:
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.