Upgrade your travel insurance policy to include ski insurance
Both thrilling and relaxing, ski trips provide the opportunity for great family holidays and adrenaline junkies alike. Book a Holiday Extras' travel insurance policy and add winter sports cover to make sure you're all protected when shredding down those snowy slopes! With our winter sports add-on you are covered for a range of activities from skiing off-piste to snowmobiling.
Why Holiday Extras offers great ski travel insurance
Frequent travellers can benefit from a Holiday Extras annual travel policy, which offers you exactly the same level of cover as a Single Trip policy but allows you to take multiple trips over the course of a year under one policy. You can then add-on Winter Sports cover to your policy, to ensure that you are protected during your ski trips. For annual policies, depending on the cover level you select, your maximum trip duration varies, with a maximum limit of 45 days on our Gold policy.
Booking your ski insurance policy
Booking is nice and easy whether you choose to do so online or via our call centre. Simply fill in the quote form above to choose a policy and upgrade to receive the benefits of winter sports cover. We've been voted best travel insurance provider 15 years in a row at the Globe travel awards, so if you need extra help finding the right policy don't hesitate to get in touch.
Useful information when skiing
- Plan ahead: Either bring your own equipment or hire out your ski gear in advance to save time and money.
- Check your fitness: Skiing can be hard work, so consult with your GP before travelling to ensure that you do not have any health conditions that may impact your ability to ski.
- Begin slowly If you're new to skiing, don't jump straight onto the advanced black runs. Build up your skills on the beginner green slopes.
Top skiing destinations
- France: The most popular European winter destination, France has excellent family resorts like Chamonix, and the legendary Val d'Isere offers dynamic runs for more advanced skiers.
- Finland: Though not as mountainous as other options, Finland's cross country skiing is unparalleled, and it's one of the top destinations for beginners.
- Canada: Arguably the most beautiful place to ski in the world, Canada's epic mountain ranges offer both forest trails and exhilarating off-piste opportunities.
- Switzerland: From Zermatt on the Matterhorn mountain to Verbier, when you ski with the Swiss you're guaranteed an abundance of snow and plenty of fun.
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited, registered office address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Hythe, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Limited is an insurance intermediary authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 828848. You can check this by visiting the Financial Services Register
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited. The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 13436330 and whose registered office address is 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3M 5BN.
Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 955859. You can check this by visiting the Financial Services Register