Upgrade your travel insurance policy to include ski insurance
Both thrilling and relaxing, ski trips provide the opportunity for great family holidays and adrenaline junkies alike. Book a Holiday Extras' travel insurance policy and add winter sports cover to make sure you're all protected when shredding down those snowy slopes! With our winter sports add-on you are covered for a range of activities from skiing off-piste to snowmobiling.
Why Holiday Extras offers great ski travel insurance
Frequent travellers can benefit from a Holiday Extras annual travel policy, which offers you exactly the same level of cover as a Single Trip policy but allows you to take multiple trips over the course of a year under one policy. You can then add-on Winter Sports cover to your policy, to ensure that you are protected during your ski trips. For annual policies, depending on the cover level you select, your maximum trip duration varies, with a maximum limit of 45 days on our Gold policy.
Booking your ski insurance policy
Booking is nice and easy whether you choose to do so online or via our call centre. Simply fill in the quote form above to choose a policy and upgrade to receive the benefits of winter sports cover. We've been voted best travel insurance provider 11 years in a row at the Globe travel awards, so if you need extra help finding the right policy don't hesitate to get in touch.
Should you end up in a particularly sticky situation — on or off piste — and need to be rescued, it's comforting to know that if a specific medical assistance case warrants it, your insurer would meet the costs for search and rescue efforts, either by helicopter or other means. Provided you are skiing within the limits stated on the policy wording
It's important to note however that not all ski insurance providers will automatically offer search and rescue cover as standard, and you may need to pay an additional premium for this service to be included in your cover. For this reason, it's important to check the details of a potential ski insurance policy before buying, to be sure of what you can expect.
Usually an insurer will pay towards the cost of the fees charged by local search and rescue organisations and for the cost of emergency hospital transfer whilst taking part in a covered sport. You will of course need to be able to provide written confirmation from the relevant authorities stating that a search and rescue operation was necessary.
The important part to take note of is exactly how much the insurer is willing to pay towards search and rescue fees, as this amount will determine how useful the search and rescue cover actually is. You can find the exact amount an insurer will pay, by checking the summary of cover section of the policy wording.
For more information on what you can expect from Holiday Extras' search and rescue cover, consult the policy wording under section 18, as well as the 'summary of cover section'.
Useful information when skiing
- Plan ahead: Either bring your own equipment or hire out your ski gear in advance to save time and money.
- Check your fitness: Skiing can be hard work, so consult with your GP before travelling to ensure that you do not have any health conditions that may impact your ability to ski.
- Begin slowly If you're new to skiing, don't jump straight onto the advanced black runs. Build up your skills on the beginner green slopes.
Top skiing destinations
- France: The most popular European winter destination, France has excellent family resorts like Chamonix, and the legendary Val d'Isere offers dynamic runs for more advanced skiers.
- Finland: Though not as mountainous as other options, Finland's cross country skiing is unparalleled, and it's one of the top destinations for beginners.
- Canada: Arguably the most beautiful place to ski in the world, Canada's epic mountain ranges offer both forest trails and exhilarating off-piste opportunities.
- Switzerland: From Zermatt on the Matterhorn mountain to Verbier, when you ski with the Swiss you're guaranteed an abundance of snow and plenty of fun.
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 13436330 and whose registered office address is 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3M 5BN. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 955859. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting; register.fca.org.uk or by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority on 0800 111 6768.