Student Travel Insurance
Whether you're choosing a travel insurance policy for studying abroad, or going away for a long trip in the summer holidays, finding the right and affordable policy will make sure you safely enjoy every minute of it. We know it's not necessarily the most exciting part of booking your travels, but we all know it's an absolute must to ensure that added peace of mind.
You might be young, fighting fit and medical cover might not seem like a priority, and without focusing on the worst-case scenario — you never know what's around the corner health-wise. Then you've got to think: what about your camera full of memories? Is your phone filled with snaps, contacts and useful apps? They, of course, need protecting too; should they be lost or stolen, gadget cover means they can be replaced.
Procuring a cheap travel insurance policy might seem tempting, but it is important to understand the level of cover you fully require for your travels. You may be a serious adrenaline junkie in which case, seeking additional activity cover for extreme sports might be a necessary addition to your student travel insurance policy.
Compare travel insurance for students
At Holiday Extras, we've created our travel insurance policies specifically for safe travels across the UK, Europe and worldwide. All of our policies include cover for trip cancellation, missed flights and medical cover, as well as cover for lost passports and protection for over 100 sports.
Compare travel insurance cover levels
You can then choose from three levels of cover, each differently priced, ranging from a basic and essential cover to a higher, premium level of cover.
Here is a brief overview of some of the main upper limits and inclusions of each policy. Be sure to read through the Policy Documents for more comprehensive cover details.
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
Additional cover options
Like any good traveller, it helps to have a rough itinerary. Filled with big adventure trails, scuba diving, mountain biking... you get the picture! With so many fun activities planned, it's important to make sure it's all covered under your chosen travel insurance policy.
Winter sports travel insurance
Hitting the slopes might be top of your to-do list. Before donning a pair of skis, be sure to purchase winter sports cover in addition to your regular policy. We provide cover for your own equipment and any you choose to hire, you are also protected should the piste be subject to closure.
Travelling the world with a pre-existing medical condition?
If you have a medical condition and looking to travel the world, it can still be affordable. Our insurance experts are on-hand to make sure your medical condition won't slow you down by providing comprehensive cover at a competitive price.
Be sure to have a read up on our pre-existing conditions pages for more information.
Planning gap year travels?
If you've decided to take a gap year or a long break before embarking on further education, visit our gap year travel insurance page for more information and to find a policy that suits how you want to travel.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848, Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address, Ashford road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is registered in Ireland No. 306045. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac’s Registered Office is First Floor, Rineanna House, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those for firms based in the UK. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website, our FRN is 203320.