Loading, please wait...
Treating yourself to a weekend break?
Book great value, reliable travel insurance with policies starting from just *
Holiday insurance for weekend travel
Make the most of your weekend and make it a short break. Hop on a plane and see a city, explore the countryside and make some memories - all before Monday morning. It might be over before you know it but, booking a holiday insurance policy before you go is still an absolute must. At Holiday Extras, we've made sure our policies are equipped with the cover you need for a stress-free short break including: lost baggage and personal possessions cover, cancellation cover and medical cover for unexpected treatments and declared medical conditions. Plus a 24-hour helpline ready to provide support when you need it most.
100+ sports and activities included
You can jam-pack a weekend with so many activities, it'd be a shame to waste the opportunity. All of our policies include cover for over 100 sports and activities - so there's no reason to hold back. Whether you intend to cycle through the weekend, learn how to scuba dive or just fancy a kick around, we've got you covered. If you're taking a weekend break to enjoy your favourite hobbies then we can upgrade your travel insurance with additional activities to cover a range of things including winter sports. It's a good idea to upgrade your policy if you intend to bring your own equipment or hire some!
Choosing Holiday Extras as your insurance provider
With two types of policies to choose from, there's plenty of flexibility to suit how you like to travel. A single trip travel insurance policy will keep you covered for one trip of up to 365 days. It's the perfect option for booking a weekend getaway and even better if they're your only travel plans this year. With a single trip policy you can choose from the following levels of cover:
- Bronze cover provides £500 of baggage insurance and £1,000 of cancellation cover per person, as well as £5 million towards medical costs.
- Silver cover offers cancellation insurance of £2,500 per person, medical cover of £10 million and baggage cover at £1,500.
- Gold cover provides medical protection of £10 million and increases baggage cover to £2,000 and cancellation cover to £5,000 per person.
- Platinum cover offers up to £10 million for emergency medical, £2,000 for baggage and up £2,000 for cancellation, as well as gadget and wedding cover, with no excess to pay.
Annual travel insurance
If you're lucky enough to be travelling more than twice this year, or weekend breaks are how you like to travel. Then an annual travel insurance policy may be a good option. Our annual policy provides the same cover levels as our single trip packages on a multi-trip basis. So you will benefit from whichever level of cover suits you best for an unlimited amount of trips across 12 months - just make sure that each trip doesn't exceed the number of days specified by the level of cover you have chosen.
Book your policy
Booking your holiday insurance for your short break in one easy payment. Simply fill in our quote form above to compare our cover levels. If you'd prefer to book by phone, you can call our insurance experts on our free helpline.
Visit our HX Blog for great travel tips - including city breaks on a budget!
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.