Get comprehensive travel insurance for your Tunisia trip
Travel with peace of mind by booking travel insurance for Tunisia
Exploring the intricacies of Tunisia makes for a great holiday. A small but significant North African gem, Tunisia enjoys the benefits of a balmy Mediterranean coast and the beauty of its Ottoman heritage. You might be wondering where exactly Tunisia is for travel insurance, despite its close proximity to Europe, cover for Tunisia is classed as a Worldwide travel insurance policy (excluding USA, Canada and Caribbean).
Compare cheap travel insurance for Tunisia
Holiday Extras ensures that your trip to Tunisia goes as swimmingly as possible by offering excellent insurance policies at competitive prices. Choose from four levels of cover:
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
Why choose us?
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running
- - Policies with no excess available
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline
- - No maximum age on single trip policies**
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance
Tunisia as a holiday destination
Although very small in relation to many of its African counterparts, Tunisia has enough natural beauty and history to rival much larger countries. Within the capital, Tunis, lies the Bardo Museum, boasting archaeological exhibits ranging from Roman mosaics to Islamic art. Tunis marks the site of ancient Carthage, and its rich history can be discovered at the Carthage National Museum. When booking travel insurance for Tunisia it's important to get the most suitable cover for you, enabling you to enjoy the beauty and layered history of the country.
Is Tunisia safe?
Though a predominantly safe country that attracts millions of visitors every year, it's always recommended to check up on the Tunisia travel advice government website for more up-to-date information on travelling to Tunisia.
You can contact the emergency services by calling 197 (police â€" when in cities and towns), 193 (national guard â€" when in rural areas or small villages), 190 (ambulance) or 198 (civil protection â€" for assistance at incidents, such as car accidents, to provide medical assistance and response to fire).
Tunisia trades in the Tunisian dinar and is what is called a 'closed currency'. However, it is illegal to import or export the dinar, so even if you find somewhere in the UK that sells the dinar, you'll have to change your money at the airport when you arrive. Make sure you not change too much, as you can only re-exchange 30% of the amount, and be sure to keep your receipts.
Tunisia is a predominantly Muslim country and while it is a favourite for western tourists from all over the world, it is advisable for western women to dress modestly and be respectful of religious and cultural customs when you're out and about.
We would always advise that before embarking on your holiday that you consult with your GP 6-8 weeks before travelling. Both Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccinations are usually recommended, and any required vaccinations are necessary to benefit from our medical insurance.
Top things to do in Tunisia
- The Bardo Museum is home to the world's largest collection of Roman mosaics.
- Visit the ruins of Carthage, former capital of the Phoenician government, on the shores of the Mediterranean.
- Breathe in the fresh sea air of Hammamet, a fishing town with gorgeous natural scenery and heaps of unspoiled charm.
- Delve into the Sahara region, where shifting sands and awe-inspiring landscapes are the norm, and hidden gems like Chenini village paint a unique picture of Tunisian life.
- Lake Ichkeul, populated by herons, flamingos and storks, offers an unparalleled bird watching experience.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.