Loading, please wait...
Travel Insurance Thailand
Make a memorable trip to Thailand with a great value travel insurance policy starting from just *
From backpacking to package holidays, Thailand is a country built for discovery. With such a vast and expansive country to explore, it's important that you're covered, should anything untoward happen. Holiday Extras Thailand travel insurance can help you to make the most of your time in Thailand with added peace of mind that comes with knowing you have comprehensive travel insurance for your trip.
At Holiday Extras, we also provide cover the majority of pre-existing medical conditions and every condition will be considered. Simply complete the online medical screening process when getting a quote to declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
Why choose Holiday Extras for your Thailand travel insurance?
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.**
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
Compare travel insurance Thailand cover levels:
Most insurers require a certain amount to be paid for a claim to be considered: this is called the policy excess. The excess on Holiday Extras policies range from around £0-£150, with our platinum poilicy requiring no excess at all.
Advice for trips to Thailand
So you've secured your Thailand travel insurance, and you're ready to go. Here's a few of our top tips on places to stay and things to do when you touch base in Thailand:
Thailand is well-known as being one of the most affordable holiday destinations in the world, and this is certainly true when it comes to food and accommodation costs.
Just how much you want to spend on accommodation is really down to you. Depending on when you decide to go, it's possible to get some great deals on accommodation. If you're travelling on a budget, a private room in a Bangkok hostel can cost as little as £6 per night. These prices however, aren't always advised online and it's only possible to get rooms this cheap by being in the city and booking in person. For this reason, a lot of travellers prefer to book only a couple of nights accommodation in advance, and then find these cheap deals on rooms after they have arrived in Thailand.
If you'd prefer to treat yourself to a more luxurious experience, then it's possible to find deals on rooms in 5-star hotels, often for as little as £60 per night during the off season.
Currency in Thailand
Thailand trades in the Thai baht. The country is inexpensive to visit thanks to advantageous foreign currency exchanges, but you should still shop around for the best rate in advance.
The World Health Organisation recommends a variety of vaccinations for travel to Thailand, including Typhoid and Rabies. Consult with your GP before travelling to ensure that you have all the inoculations that you need.
Top attractions in Thailand
- No trip to Thailand would be complete without a trip to Krabi Island, home to some of the most famous beaches in the world
- Learn to scuba dive in Ko Tao, an idyllic island in the south of Thailand.
- Dance on the sands of Ko Pha-Ngan, home to the legendary Full Moon Parties.
- Cook up a storm in Chiang Mai, where secret Thai spices are revealed in abundance.
- Watch, or even participate in, Muay Thai; a martial art honed in the heart of Bangkok.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.