Sports Travel Insurance
Book trusted and specialist sports cover for your holiday from only * per week
For some people, lying on a beach basking in the sun is the perfect holiday, but for many people taking part in activities and sports is what makes a holiday dynamic and exciting. It's important to make sure that you've got the right sports travel insurance cover and protection for when you take part.
Our policies provide trusted and flexible protection for low-risk, modest sports like rowing and ice skating, activities like camping or fishing, to more extreme sports like jet skiing, kayaking or paragliding. Whatever the sport or activity, Holiday Extras' travel insurance can ensure you and your equipment are covered.
Why choose Holiday Extras for Sports Travel Insurance?
- We offer 100+ sports included in your policy as standard
- We have 3 Additional Extra Activity Packs jam-packed with 175 sports and activities
- We offer cover for the majority of pre-existing medical conditions
- We have a 24/7 emergency helpline
- We offer up to £10 million worth of medical cover should you need it
- We have 4 different policy levels to choose from: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum
Compare Sports Travel Insurance
We have 2 types of policies each with 4 levels of cover to choose from, so finding the right sports travel insurance policy is simple and affordable. You can choose from our Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels to suit your particular sporting requirements, and whether you purchase a Single Trip or Annual Travel Insurance policy, you will be covered for travel to the destination you select, from across the UK, in Europe, Australia or Worldwide.
If you are unsure which level of cover you might need, you can compare the amount of cover you get with each tier of travel insurance:
What activities do Holiday Extras cover?
Whether you're partaking in an extreme sport, or maybe just a spot of fishing, we have cover for a huge number (over 275) sports. Not sure what Extra Activity Pack your sport or activity is categorised under? Don't worry, we've compiled this table to help you know which pack is relevant to your holiday:
|Standard Activities Cover - Aerobics, Amateur Athletic Field Events, Amateur Athletic Track Events, Angling/Fishing (freshwater), Animal Sanctuary (non big game), Archery, Badminton, Bamboo Rafting, Banana Boating, Bar Work, Baseball, Basketball, Billiards, Bird Watching, Board & Card Games, Bodyboarding, Boules, Bowling, Bowls, Bridge Swinging, Bungee Jumping, Camel/Elephant Riding.Trekking (UK booked), Camping, Canoeing/Kayaking (White water grades 1-3), Caracanning, Catamaran Sailing (In-shore), Clay Pigeon Shooting, Cricket, Croquet, Cross Country Running, curling, Cycle touring/Leisure Biking (Up to 1,000m), Dancing, Darts, Disco Golf, Diving (Indoor up to 5m), Dragon Boat Racing, Fencing, Fives, Flag Football, Flying as Passenger (private/small aircraft/helicopter), Football.Soccer (Practice/Training), Frisbee (Recreational), Golf, Handball (Practice/Training), Highland Games, Horse Riding (No jumping), Hot Air Ballooning, Indoor Skating (Not ice), Jet Boating, Jet Skiing, Kiting, Korfball, Laser Tag, Low Ropes, Marathons, Mini-Golf, Model Flying, Model Sports, Mountain Biking (Up to 1,000m), Netball, Orienteering, Petanque, Peteca, Pigeon Racing, Pony Trekking, Pool, Quoits, Rackets, Racquetball, Rafting (White Water grades 1-3), Re-Enactment, Rifle Range, Ringos, River Punting, Rollerblading/Skating (Not ice)/Skateboarding/Scooters (Non-motorised), Rounders, Rowing (Inshore - recreational) Safari (UK organised), Safari Trekking (UK organised), Sailing/Yachting (Recreational - inshore), Scuba Diving (Not solo up to maximum 30m), Segway (Supervised non-competitive), Snorkelling (Inside marked areas and/or with lifeguard present), Softball, Squash, Stoolball, Swimming (Inside marked areas and/or with lifeguard present), Swimming off a boat (With a qualified supervisor in attendance - i.e. a lifeguard), Swimming with Dolphins (Inside marked areas and/or with lifeguard present), Sydney Harbour Bridge Climbing (Professional organised and supervised), Table Tennis, Ten Pin bowling, Tennis, Theme Parks, Trekking/Mountain/Walking/Hiking/Rambling/Mountaineering (in group, all up to 1,000m), Tubing, Tug of War, Unicycle Riding, Volleyball, Water Parks, Whale Watching (professionally organised), Yachting (Inshore - crewing), Yoga.|
|Additional Extended Risk Activities Cover - Abseiling (Indoor/Outdoor climbing wall up to 25m), Adventure Racing (up to 6 hours), Airsoft, American Football - Training (Organised and with safety equipment), Angling/Fishing (Sea), Assault Courses (No high ropes), Camel/Elephant Riding/Trekking (non-UK booked), Climbing (Indoor/Outdoor climbing wall up to 25m), Diving (Indoor up to 10m), Dry Slope Skiing, Falconry, Fell Running (up to 2,000m), Fly Boarding, Football/Soccer (Organised amateur match), Frisbee (Ultimate Frisbee), Gailic Football (Training), Gorilla Trekking (Booked pe-trip, requires appropriate trekking altitude pack), Gymnastics, Handball (Organised Amatuer Match), Hockey (Field, organised amateur match), Ice Skating, Iron Man, Judo (Organised training), Karate (Organised training), Kendo (Organised training), Lacrosse, Martial Arts (Organised training), Mountain Biking (up to 2,000m) Paintballing, Parasailing, Parascending (Over water), Rap Running/Jumping (Indoor/Outdoor climbing wall up to 25m), Rugby (Training), Safari (non UK booked), Safari Trekking (non UK booked), Sand Yachting, Sea Canoeing/Kayaking (Inshore), Shark Diving/Swimming (Cage), Shinty, Street Hockey, Surf Life-Saving (organised competition), Surfing, Tough Mudder, Trampolining, Trekking/Mountain Walking/Hiking/Rambling/Mountaineering (in group) all up to 2,000m, Triathlon, War Games/Paintballing, Water Polo, Water Skiing (No jumping), Weight Lifting, Windsurfing/Boardsailing/Sailboarding, Wrestling (Organised Training), Zip Lining/Zip Trekking (booked pre-trip - requires appropriate trekking altitude pack).|
|Additional Higher Risk Activities Cover - Abseiling (Outdoor above 25m), Adventure Racing (Up to 12 hours), American Football Amateur Match (Organised and with safety equipment), Animal Sanctuary (Big game), Biathlon, Blowcarting/Land Yachting/Kite Buggy, Boxing Training (Head guard must be worn), Breathing Observation Bubble (BOB), Canoeing/Kayaking (White Water grade 4), Canyoning, Caving/Pot Holing, Climbing (Rock and Ice - harnessed up to 4,000m), Devil Karting, Dirt Boarding, Equestrian, Fell Running (up to 3,000m), Flying (Crew/Pilot), Flying Helicopter (Pilot), Gaelic Football (Amateur Match), Gliding (Non-competitive), Go Karting, Gorge Walking (No ropes), Gorge Walking (With ropes), Gorilla Trekking (booked during trip - requires appropriate trekking altitude pack), Harness Racing, High Diving (Indoor/Outdoor swimming pools only), Hockey (Ice, with full body protection), Horse Jumping (No Polo, no Hunting), Horse Riding (Eventing), Hurling, Hydro Zorbing, Hydrospeeding, Jousting, Kite-boarding/Surfing, Land Skiing, Langlauf, Modern Pentathlon, Motorised Buggying, Mountain Biking (up to 3,000m), Mountain Boarding, Octopush, Off-road Motorcycling (up to 250cc), Paragliding, Paramotoring, Parascending (Over land), Polo, Polo Cross, Power Boating (Inshore), Power Lifting, Quad Bikes (Providing you wear a helmet) Rafting (White Water grade 4), Rap Running/Jumping (Outdoor above 25m), River Bugging, River Tubing, Rodeo, Roller Derby (Safety equipment must be worn), Roller Hockey, Roller Skating (24 hour relay), Rugby (Amateur Match), Sand Boarding, Sand Dune Surfing/Skiing, Snorkelling (Outside marked areas and/or without lifeguard present), Speed Sailing, (Inshore), Speed Skating, Speed Trials/Time Trials (Organised not public roads), Summer Tobogganing, Swimming (Outside marked areas and/or without lifeguard present), Swimming off of a boat (Unsupervised and/or no lifeguard), Swimming with Dolphins (Outside marked areas and/or without a lifeguard present), Telemarking, Tree Top Canopy Walking, Trekking/Mountain Walking/Hiking/Mountaineering (In group, up to 4,000m), Under 17 Driving (Not public roads), Via Ferrata, Wake Boarding, Water Skiing, Wind Tunnel Flying/Indoor Sky Diving, Zip Lining / Zip Trekking (Booked during trip - requires appropriate trekking altitude pack), Zorb Football, Zorbing/Sphering.|
Additional Winter Sports Cover
Similarly to the above, Holiday Extras can also cover you for certain winter sports when you purchase additional winter sports travel insurance cover. This means you can enjoy the slippery slopes without financially risking an arm and a leg.
If you select to include this additional cover and it's shown on your booking confirmation you can rest assured that you're covered for skiing (including on dry slopes and indoor ski centres) and a variety of other winter sports as listed in your policy documents.
Tips for going on a sports or activity trip
- Make sure you've got all the gear that you need before your trip, as prices at sporting events can be higher than anticipated.
- If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance Service for help and advice before treatment, where possible.
- Full details for this can be found within the policy wording. We would advise you to keep this number in your mobile phone and give it to anyone else you are travelling with as you never know when you might need it!
- Visit your GP before your trip, to ensure that you do not have any underlying medical conditions that could cause problems if you exert yourself.
† Please note: winter sports cover is only available if you are aged 64 or under at the start date of your policy.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.