Heathrow Airport Arrivals: What you need to know
Picking up friends and family from Heathrow airport is easy when you're up-to-date with the latest flight news and understand what to do when you reach the airport. Use the online form on the right to check the status of the inbound flight you are waiting for, then use the information below to find out where to go when you get in to Heathrow.
Heathrow Terminal 1 - Permanent closure from 30 June 2015
From the 30 June 2015, Heathrow Terminal 1 will be permanently closed.
Despite the closure, you can still search our best deals on airport hotels and parking at all other Heathrow terminals.
Heathrow airport has four working terminals, so it's important to use the live status feed on this page to check which terminal the flight you are waiting for is due to arrive at. Once you've confirmed the terminal you can find it using the following directions:
- Terminal 1 - Exit the M4 on junction 4, or the M25 on junction 15, and then simply follow the signs to Terminal 1. The postcode is TW6 1AP
- Terminal 2 - The postcode is TW6 1EW
- Terminal 3 - Close to Terminal 1, you can find this terminal by leaving the M4 on junction 4, or the M25 on junction 15, and then following the signs. The postcode is TW6 1QG
- Terminal 4 - Located in the southern part of Heathrow, this terminal is easily accessible from junction 14 of the M25. The postcode is TW6 3XA
- Terminal 5 - Use junction 14 of the M25 to reach the separate access road for this terminal, located on the Western Perimeter Road. The postcode is TW6 2GA
Picking up your passengers
Picking up a passenger from Heathrow can make things more convenient for them, ensuring that their holiday ends on a high. It's easy, as long as you understand how to park at Heathrow.
Waiting is not permitted on the terminal forecourt, so it's best to use a Short Stay car park to pick up your passengers. You can find Short Stay parking next to each of the working terminals, and all of the car parks are frequently patrolled, well lit and secured. It's recommended that you use these car parks for stays of up to five hours, and prices are as follows*:
- 0 - 29 minutes: £5.30
- 30 - 44 minutes: £8.50
- 45 - 59 minutes: £11.40
- 1 - 2 hours: £14.50
- 2 - 3 hours: £17.80
- 3 - 4 hours: £21.60
- 4 - 5 hours: £27.60
- 5 - 6 hours: £35.60
- 6 - 9 hours: £48.50
- 9 - 12 hours: £63.50
- 12 - 24 hours: £77.10
- Each additional 24 hour period: £77.10
*Prices shown correct at time of writing and are subject to change.
Getting to Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport is just 15 miles west of central London. If you're driving, it's easy to reach from the M4 and M25 motorways, and public transport options are also available. Visit our directions to Heathrow airport page and then enter your location for directions specific to your starting point.
If you need to refuel, three petrol stations are close to Heathrow airport. You can find a Texaco station on Bath Road (A4); a BP station at Hatton Cross, Great West Road (A30); and an Esso station on Southern Perimeter Road.