New York Travel Insurance
Are you in a New York state of mind? Well lucky for you there's no shortage of things to do in New York, the world's most iconic metropolis. By booking your travel insurance with Holiday Extras, you can enjoy the sights and attractions, safe with the peace of mind a New York travel insurance policy provides.
Compare travel insurance New York cover levels:
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
For more information, please check out our Policy Documents page with our downloadable Policy Booklets containing important information on what's covered.
Single Trip or Annual Multi-Trip?
Taking out a single trip policy or an annual multi-trip policy can be a big deciding point. If you're planning on more than one holiday a year, then taking out an annual policy might be in your better interest. Here's a table below weighing up the similarities and differences. For more information, check out our comparison page: Single vs. Annual Trip.
Travelling with pre-existing medical conditions
If you're thinking of travelling and have a pre-existing medical condition, it may be worth considering taking out a travel insurance policy for medical conditions. At Holiday extras, we cover the majority of pre-existing medical conditions, and all conditions will be considered.
Travelling without Medical Insurance
We understand that holidays are times to take a step back from daily life and for you to enter full relaxation mode. Unfortunately, sometimes accidents or unforeseen scenarios arise where you may require medical attention. Unlike European countries with the EHIC, the United States has no such nationalised health care plan for visitors. As a result, health care is incredibly expensive for both nationals and tourists alike. For more information on the associated risks of travelling uninsured, check out our page cost of travelling uninsured page.
What if I need to travel with medication?
If you know you're going to need medication for your trip, it's worth checking out our travelling with medication page full of helpful tips and advice.
Protect your valuables with gadget cover
If you are concerned about your electronic devices breaking, being lost, or stolen, it might be an idea to take out gadget cover to insure your devices.
New York travel
Do I need a visa to travel to New York?
- British travellers may be able to fly into New York on a reciprocal visa-waiver programme, but ordinarily a US visa from a consulate or embassy is required for entry.
Top things to do in New York:
- Experience the glamour and excitement of a show on Broadway, with greats like Hamilton, Wicked and Phantom to choose from.
- Get a taste of the Big Apple. Whether it's from a Michelin Starred restaurant or a street pizza stand, you'll definitely leave NYC without any food-related regrets.
- Times Square, known as the 'Crossroads of the World', offers boutique shopping and a thriving atmosphere in Midtown Manhattan. Or head to Staten Island to visit the Statue of Liberty, an iconic figure for immigrants throughout history, symbolising the core value of freedom associated with the United States.
- If you fancy going further afield, why not hire a car or take the train to see Niagara Falls, three stunning waterfalls renowned for their colossal natural beauty.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.