Loading, please wait...
Get comprehensive cover for your next trip, with travel insurance Mexico policies starting from just *
Mexico is a truly wonderful destination, but when you take the long flights and unfamiliar culture into account, a great travel insurance policy offers that all-important peace of mind. With travel insurance from Holiday Extras, you can book a Mexico travel insurance policy quickly and easily. We offer cover for cancellations, lost baggage, unforeseen medical expenses and much more. Make sure when you're searching for a policy that you're getting the best travel insurance for your specific needs.
Why choose Holiday Extras for your Mexico travel insurance?
Booking with Holiday Extras gives you the choice of four different insurance levels, so you can pick the worldwide policy that suits your itinerary.
Compare travel insurance Mexico
The option of single trip or annual trip policies provides even more versatility depending on the frequency of your travel. You'll be assured of a straightforward booking process which takes an average of just ten minutes, so you can focus on the details of your trip.
Do I need medical insurance for my Mexico trip?
Much like the US, healthcare in Mexico is not free, and in the event of you needing medical treatment, you could be left with a sizable bill. Booking travel insurance with Holiday Extras, you can receive cover for up to £10 million for medical emergencies.
What if I have a pre-existing medical condition?
When you book, remember to let us know of any pre-existing medical conditions you may have, so we can tailor a suitable policy with these conditions in mind. Holiday Extras covers the majority of pre-existing medical conditions and all medical conditions will be considered.
Travelling in Mexico
Practical advice for Mexico
Vaccinations - It's advisable to get your vaccinations (from Typhoid to Hepatitis A and B) at least six weeks in advance to ensure that the effects are present when you travel. If you need to bring medication, take it in clearly labelled containers for easy use on the move. Remember that we don't cover lost medication on our policies, or medical expenses if you lack the required immunisations.
Visa - British citizens do not need a visa to enter Mexico at present. You will need to keep a Mexico Tourist Card (which will be stamped at immigration control) with you at all times.
What are some of Mexico's traditions?
Independence day - The 16th of September is the Mexican independence day, and marks the occasion on which Mexico separated from Spain in 1810. Celebrations typically begin on the evening of the 15th when the president gives "El grito de dolores" or the cry of dolores, a speech commemorating the victory of the 16th. Much like in the US, schools and workplaces are closed during Mexican independence day, with parades, food and festivities enjoyed throughout the day.
Feast of our Lady of Guadelupe - this is a major Mexican holiday celebrated on the 12th of December, in which Mexicans honour the legacy of their patron saint the Virgin Mary. Special masses, dances and processions are held on this day.
Dia de los Muertos (Day of the dead) - Celebrated on the 2nd of November, the Day of the Dead is a time during which the people of Mexico remember and honour those who have died. Brought to Mexico by the Spanish Conquistadors, the Day of the dead is actually a combination of ancient Aztec tradition with Catholicism. Typically the day is celebrated with food, drink and festivities, and families gather to clean and decorate the graves of their dead loved ones.
Futher Mexico travel information
If you're looking for more information on maximising your experience in Mexico, check out our other posts on the topic.
- Family holidays in mexico
- Travelling to Mexico: What to pack
- Safety trips if you're travelling to mexico
- Visiting Mexico in summer
- Visiting Mexico in winter
- What to eat in Mexico
- Staying fit and healthy in Mexico
- The history of tacos
- The history of the burrito.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.