Get comprehensive Mexico Travel Insurance
Mexico is a truly wonderful destination, but when you take the long flights and unfamiliar culture into account, a great travel insurance policy offers that all-important peace of mind. With travel insurance from Holiday Extras, you can book a Mexico travel insurance policy quickly and easily. We offer cover for cancellations, lost baggage, unforeseen medical expenses and much more. Make sure when you're searching for a policy that you're getting the best travel insurance for your specific needs.
Why choose Holiday Extras for your Mexico travel insurance?
Booking with Holiday Extras gives you the choice of three different insurance levels, so you can pick the worldwide policy that suits your itinerary.
Compare travel insurance Mexico
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
Do I need medical insurance for my Mexico trip?
Much like the US, healthcare in Mexico is not free, and in the event of you needing medical treatment, you could be left with a sizable bill. Booking travel insurance with Holiday Extras, you can receive cover for up to £15 million for medical emergencies.
What if I have a pre-existing medical condition?
When you book, remember to let us know of any pre-existing medical conditions you may have, so we can tailor a suitable policy with these conditions in mind. Holiday Extras covers the majority of pre-existing medical conditions and all medical conditions will be considered.
Travelling in Mexico
Practical advice for Mexico
Vaccinations - It's advisable to get your vaccinations (from Typhoid to Hepatitis A and B) at least six weeks in advance to ensure that the effects are present when you travel. If you need to bring medication, take it in clearly labelled containers for easy use on the move. Remember that we don't cover lost medication on our policies, or medical expenses if you lack the required immunisations.
Visa - British citizens do not need a visa to enter Mexico at present. You will need to keep a Mexico Tourist Card (which will be stamped at immigration control) with you at all times.
What are some of Mexico's traditions?
Independence day - The 16th of September is the Mexican independence day, and marks the occasion on which Mexico separated from Spain in 1810. Celebrations typically begin on the evening of the 15th when the president gives "El grito de dolores" or the cry of dolores, a speech commemorating the victory of the 16th. Much like in the US, schools and workplaces are closed during Mexican independence day, with parades, food and festivities enjoyed throughout the day.
Feast of our Lady of Guadelupe - this is a major Mexican holiday celebrated on the 12th of December, in which Mexicans honour the legacy of their patron saint the Virgin Mary. Special masses, dances and processions are held on this day.
Dia de los Muertos (Day of the dead) - Celebrated on the 2nd of November, the Day of the Dead is a time during which the people of Mexico remember and honour those who have died. Brought to Mexico by the Spanish Conquistadors, the Day of the dead is actually a combination of ancient Aztec tradition with Catholicism. Typically the day is celebrated with food, drink and festivities, and families gather to clean and decorate the graves of their dead loved ones.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.