Loading, please wait...
Caribbean travel insurance
Get comprehensive Caribbean travel insurance for your trip, with policies starting from just *
When it comes to holidaying in the Caribbean, you've likely already spent a considerable amount on flights, accommodation and activities. The last thing you want is to have to pay a fortune on travel insurance. That's why Holidays Extras provide high quality, comprehensive travel insurance to the Caribbean at a reasonable price.
Compare Caribbean travel insurance cover levels
Holiday Extras offers comprehensive travel insurance in four distinct levels:
Water sports cover
The Caribbean is a popular destination for surfing, scuba-diving, snorkelling and other underwater activities, so if you have anything like this planned, it's important to make sure that the policy you choose covers for water sports. With Holiday Extras, all of our policies include cover for 100+ sports with a variety of water sports
If you are taking part in more extreme or high risk watersports, you may need to take out an extra activities pack for additional cover. Activities packs can be selected at the quote stage. If you are unsure whether an activity you have planned is covered or not, be sure to check the policy wording which can be found when making a quote. Check out our extreme sports travel insurance page for more information.
Travel insurance for Caribbean cruise
Another popular way to experience the Caribbean is to take a cruise tour, stopping off at the major islands. If this is how you plan to visit the Caribbean, then you will need to look for a specialised cruise travel insurance policy for the Caribbean.
When is the best time to visit the Caribbean?
If you're looking to experience the Caribbean on a budget, you'll find that it's generally cheaper to travel during the off-season, which occurs between the mid-April to mid-November range. It's important to note, this off-peak time is also hurricane season.
As with any time you're touching down on foreign soil, it's important to ensure you've read up on local etiquette. Here are some important things to be aware of when travelling around the Caribbean:
Don't wear Khaki - In Caribbean islands such as Barbados, it's illegal for anyone except the Barbados Defence Force to wear camouflage. The same law applies in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, so avoid wearing anything that even vaguely resembles camouflage clothing.
Don't disturb the turtle nests - It is a criminal offence to disturb a nesting turtle, with fines and prison sentences imposed. Although rare, accidents can happen, so always be aware of where you're treading, expecially when on Caribbean beaches.
Beach fires are illegal. - It's against the law to have beach fires throughout the Caribbean islands. Doing so could land you a hefty fine, or in extreme cases, a night in a prison cell.
Popular places to visit in the Caribbean
Bequia in St.Vincent and the Grenadines - One of the 32 islands that make up the Grenadines, Bequia is a little tricky to get to and because of that, it's a lot less well-developed compared to the other Caribbean islands. However, if you're choosing to stay here, you'll experience the real, unfiltered Caribbean charm.
Barbados - With some beautiful botanical gardens, historical buildings and turtle watching - Barbados offers the perfect blend of history, culture, and paradisean bliss.
Dominican Republic - With a varied terrain of highlands, rainforests and Savannahs, and boasting the tallest mountain in the Caribbean, the Dominican Republic is well worth a visit. Known for its top-class golfing resorts, it's the perfect retreat for fans of the sport.
For more information on travel to the Caribbean, check out our other posts on the topic:
- Travel vaccinations for Caribbean
- Best time to go to the Caribbean
- The cheapest Caribbean island
- What to do in the Caribbean for young people
- Staying safe in the Caribbean
- What to eat in the Caribbean
- What to see and do in the Caribbean
- Guide to the best Caribbean Islands
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.