Travel insurance for depression
Finding the right standard travel insurance policy can feel incredibly stressful when there are so many options out there. But not to worry, the last thing we want is for you to feel bogged down with choosing the right policy for you.
Why choose Holiday Extras for your diabetes travel insurance?
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - Tailored policies to suit your personal requirements.
- - UK-based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - All medical conditions considered.
How to book travel insurance that covers depression
Simply put your details in the booking form at the top of this page, follow the on-screen instructions, and you're all set! Alternatively hop on livechat via our Insurance Support Page where one of over 30 trained insurance specialists will be happy to to answer any questions you may have and guide you through the entire booking process.
Though all medical screening can be easily completed online, booking medical travel insurance for some forms of depression, such as bipolar disorder can only be done through one of our insurance specialists over the phone. If this proves to be the case with your condition, feel free to contact a member of our specialist team on our UK based helpline for friendly, personal assistance in booking your travel insurance policy.
Do I have to declare anxiety on travel insurance?
Various conditions could be considered a pre-existing medical condition and would need to be declared on your medical travel insurance. Failure to declare any medical conditions you have may render any claims you make invalid.
Travelling with Depression
Planning ahead of yout trip, as well as being mindful of your condition and symptoms on holiday can ensure you enjoy your time away to it's fullest. Some things to consider before you depart:
- Bring enough medication - In many places abroad, certain medications aren't readily available. Ensure you have enough medication to last for the whole duration of the trip.
- Travel with a trusted person - Be this a family member, partner, or friend, travelling with someone you trust can make a world of difference.
- Choose a low-stress destination - Holidays can be a fantastic opportunity to unwind and relax. Pick a low-stress holiday to really make the most of the downtime.
- Take direct flights - Thouhg sometimes unavoidable depending on destination, connecting flights can add another level of stress. If possible, pick a destination that only involved a single flight.
- Allow adequate time for arrival/departures - Ensure you get to the airport with ample time, to avoid the increased stress of leaving things to the last minute.
- Take time zones into consideration - Depending on how far you're travelling, it might be wise to try pre-emptively adjust your sleep schedule, to avoid the effects of jetlag.
- Recognise stresses - Recognise factors that may lead to a depressive episode, and if necessary, seek medical attention as soon as possible
- Research ahead of time - For more information on travelling with a depressive disorder, Mind are a fantastic charity with an abundance of resources, including what to do on holiday.
Looking for information regarding a different condition?
Be sure to have a read up on our pre-existing conditions travel insurance.
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 13436330 and whose registered office address is 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3M 5BN. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 955859. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting; register.fca.org.uk or by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority on 0800 111 6768.