Loading, please wait...
Travel insurance for volunteers
Volunteering abroad makes travelling all the more worthwhile. From only *, we'll make sure you're covered for your trip.
Whether it's wildlife conservation or community development projects you're interested in, finding a reliable travel insurance policy should be top priority before setting off on your trip. Having robust cover from a trusted provider is a vital step to ensuring you can enjoy your trip with peace of mind.
Our policies include varying levels of baggage and cancellation cover, medical cover for unforeseen treatments and declared medical conditions, plus a 24-hour emergency helpline† with a support team at the ready when you need us most.
†If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance Service for help and advice before treatment, where possible, full details can be found within the policy wording.
Why choose Holiday Extras travel insurance?
We have two policy types either single-trip or annual multi-trip, each with four levels of cover to choose from. A single trip travel insurance policy will keep you covered for one trip of up to 365 days, while an annual multi-trip policy has you covered for an unlimited number of trips throughout the year (so long as each trip does not exceed a maximum of 45 days**).
If you're planning to volunteer abroad just once this year and for an extended period of time, our single trip cover is a good option. With this policy you can choose from the following levels of cover:
- Bronze - provides cancellation cover of £1000 per person, medical cover of £5 million, and £500 baggage cover.
- Silver - provides £2,500 cancellation cover per person, £10 million medical costs, and £1,500 baggage cover.
- Gold - provides £5,000 of cancellation cover per person, £2,000 baggage cover, and £10 million in medical cover.
- Platinum - provides £5,000 of cancellation cover per person, £2,000 personal possessions cover, £10 million in medical cover, £500 personal money, and up to £350 passport and documents cover. Platinum cover also comes with complimentary gadget and wedding insurance!
Annual multi-trip travel insurance
If you are a frequent traveller, then it could be worth considering an annual travel insurance policy. It's a great option if you are planning two or more trips in the year. Our annual policy offers the same cover levels as a single trip policy, but on a multi-trip basis (so long as each trip doesn't exceed 45 days).
Before you set off, you should check out our additional cover options, as there might be a number of sports and activities you'd like to try while volunteering. With 100+ sports and activities included in your policy, you could be covered for a range of activities, from bungee jumping and parasailing, to windsurfing to name a few.
Should you plan on doing any winter sports while volunteering then our winter sports policy add-on can help to provide extra cover towards these specialised sporting activities, as well as for any hired equipement.
Book your policy
Booking a travel insurance policy for volunteering abroad is nice and easy. Simply fill in the insurance quote form at the top of this page to compare cover levels. It's also possible to book via our friendly UK-based call centre - they're free to call and happy to provide any further information you might need.
Visit our HX Blog for all things travel - including some great ideas for the best destinations for volunteering!
**Please note, the maximum trip duration of 45 days applies to platinum level policies only.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.