Holiday Extras travel insurance for your adventure
Be daring this year and book a holiday packed with adventure. Before you start packing, at the top of your travel checklist should be booking a travel insurance policy.
With two types of policies and four levels of cover to choose from, we make finding the best adventure holiday insurance policy simple and affordable. Depending on how often you like to travel you might suit a single trip or an annual travel insurance policy.
So if you are travelling just once this year, our single trip travel insurance policy provides cover for up to 365 days. Or if you travel frequently, you could take advantage of our annual travel insurance, which offers cover for an unlimited amount of trips across 12 months - just make sure each trip does not exceed the number of days specified by your level of cover.
All of our policies cover cancellation and medical costs, personal possessions and lost baggage, plus a 24/7 emergency call team on hand when you need it most:
We have additional cover options available to extend your chosen policy. In doing so, we can include cover for hobbies like winter sports to your regular policy. For example, our winter sports travel insurance includes cover for your own and hired equipment plus piste closure and avalanche cover as well.
Booking your policy
Booking is simple and straightforward. You can book online by completing the quote form at the top of this page to choose your level of cover. Follow through to customise your policy and include any upgrade options, then proceed to make your payment. If you would prefer to book via telephone then simply place a free call to our friendly UK-based team to arrange your policy.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
We believe that living and travelling with a medical condition is just another part of your own adventure, so we see no reason to hike up your premium. Instead, we work alongside our underwriters to provide an individually tailored quote that suits you and your holiday. Our team are specially trained to arrange comprehensive policies with additional medical cover for the littlest price.
For more information regarding travel insurance with medical conditions, visit our page.
Planning your gap year or student travels?
Taking a break from your studies sounds like the perfect opportunity for an adventure! Visit our student travel insurance and gap year travel insurance pages to find out more and kick start your travels.
Interrail travel insurance
Carving your own path through the rich and diverse continent of Europe is another great way to spend a holiday or an entire gap year for that matter! For an interrail holiday, you'll want to find the perfect interrail travel insurance. Check out our interrail travel insurance page for helpful advice on choosing travel insurance for an interrail holiday and some useful tips for getting the most out of your trip.
Safari Travel Insurance
We provide financial and medical protection for our safari adventure. Take a look at our safari travel insurance page for more information.
It's your adventure!
Plan ahead - It's good to be spontaneous but a little bit of planning goes a long way when all the hotels and hostels are full!
Stay connected - Drop a line frequently to keep loved ones back home updated on your whereabouts.
Be confident - You are about to see what the world has to offer! Don't shy away from all there is to learn and enrich yourself with.
Visit our HX blog for the top 5 destinations for adventure holidays and all things travel!
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.