Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras travel insurance policies can be tailored for those who have pre-existing medical conditions, providing affordable cover for travellers. Simply complete your medical screening through the form on the top of this page for your personalised quote. Our travel insurance for cancer offers protection with both our single trip and annual travel insurance, and offers medical cover for cruises. We cover the majority of pre-existing medical conditions and all medical conditions will be considered, including all forms of cancer.
Choosing Holiday Extras for your prostate cancer travel insurance
- - Over 25 years experience selling travel insurance.
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - Tailored policies to suit your personal requirements.
- - UK-based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - All medical conditions considered.
Compare prostate cancer travel insurance levels cover levels:
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
How do I declare my condition?
To declare your pre-existing medical condition, simply enter your travel details in the search bar at the top of this page. You'll then be taken through to our medican screening process. Be as open and honest as possible with the information you provide. Rest assured, your information will be handled with the utmost care and confidentiality.
Here are a few examples of the questions you may be asked:
- Has the cancer ever spread from the prostate to other parts of the body?
- Excluding hormone therapy, are you currently having or awaiting any cancer treatment?
- Have you been offered any cancer treatment but chosen not to proceed?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions have you had for this condition within the last 2 years?
- Are you taking strong painkillers every day for this condition?
Travelling with prostate cancer
Speak to your doctor or cancer specialist
Your doctor can give you advice on the types of climates that may affect your condition, the treatment and care options available abroad, and whether any compulsory vaccinations will affect your medication.
Do your research
Official cancer websites such as the NHS and Cancer Research UK have a wealth of regulated, up-to-date messages. Prostate Cancer UK also have a useful Travel and Prostate Cancer fact sheet, outlining everything from preparing for your trip, buying travel insurance and what to be mindful of when away.
Pack more than enough medication
It's recommended that you carry a certain excess of medication on your trip, should you be taking any at the time of travelling. This eliminates any potential problems that may occur trying to secure a prescription abroad, or should you misplace your medication. It may also be worth reading up about the process of securing medication in your chosen destination, as a failsafe.
Arrange Airline special assistance
Get in contact with the airline as soon as possible to notify them of any special arrangements you might need such as wheelchair access, special meals or seating close to the toilet.
Carry your medical advice card
If you have had brachytherapy, the implanted radioactive seeds could set off the airport security sensors, so make sure you have your medical advice card to hand, to avoid any potential delays.
Translate important medical documents
In countries where English is not widely spoken, it is wise to carry translated copies of your condition and treatment details along with the information on the medicines you take, in case you need to see a doctor whilst on holiday.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Fibromyalgia Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lung Cancer Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Myeloma Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions:
- Travel Insurance Child with Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance for Child with Autism
- Travel Insurance for Child with Cystic Fibrosis
- Travel Insurance for Child with Heart Conditions
- Travelling with a Disabled Child
- Child Travelling with Medication
- Additional information:
- Do you have to declare medical conditions for travel insurance?
- Are mental health conditions classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What is classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What medical conditions can stop me from flying?
- Travelling with Arthritis
- Travelling with Diabetes
- Travelling with Medication
- Guide to Flying with Back Pain
- Which countries have the best medical care?
- Deep Vein Thrombosis when Travelling
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travel vaccinations:
- Travel Vaccinations
- BCG Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Cholera Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Meningitis Vaccine
- Polio Tetanus and Diphtheria Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Upgrade your policy with extra cover to suit how you like to travel:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Coach Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance Europe
- Cheap Travel Insurance Worldwide
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Single-Trip Family Travel Insurance
- Annual Family Travel Insurance
- Over 50's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 75's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Over 85's Travel Insurance
- Student travel:
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Nomad Travel Insurance
- School Trip Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Sports cover:
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Camping Travel Insurance
- Football Travel Insurance
- Horse Riding Travel Insurance
- Hiking Travel Insurance
- Kayaking Travel Insurance
- Kitesurfing Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Travel Insurance
- Mountain Biking Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Travel Insurance
- Safari Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba Diving Travel Insurance
- Ski Travel Insurance
- Snowboarding Travel Insurance
- Surfing Travel Insurance
- Trekking Travel Insurance
- Windsurfing Travel Insurance
- Further information:
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Brexit and Travel
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- EHIC Information
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- Group Travel Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- Independent Travel Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Travel insurance advice for your destination:
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Costa Rica
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Hong Kong
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Visa Waiver Program
- B1 visa
- B2 visa
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.