Loading, please wait...
Protect you and your holiday with Travel Insurance from Holiday Extras, with prices starting from just *
Choosing the travel insurance for a single trip
Finding the right travel insurance policy may not sound exciting but it can ensure a stress-free holiday. We offer a range of policy levels, which can be supplemented with extra cover for gadgets, winter sports, extra sporting activity, car hire excess, wedding and declared pre-existing medical conditions.
Starting from just * per week, our single trip policies offer cover for up to 365 days, ensuring that you're protected throughout the entirety of your trip. We also accept all ages on our single trip policies, without minimum or a maximum age restriction.**
What am I covered for?
A single trip can take many different forms, and with Holiday Extras you can select a policy that suits how you like to travel. Choose from the following cover levels:
†If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance Service for help and advice before treatment, where possible. Full details can be found in the policy wording.
You can add further protection if necessary, to cover you for activities such as skiing or additional cover like car hire excess insurance, or you can choose a policy to cover declared medical conditions.
How do I book?
Booking is simple. You can book online to compare our competitive prices, choose a policy that suits you and complete your payment through a straightforward process. Should you require further assistance during the booking process, you can always speak to one of our friendly team members from our Kent-based contact centre.
Long stay cover for single trips
You can rely on the comprehensive cover provided by Holiday Extras' single trip policies, even on long-planned and long-stay trips. Our policies offer cover for up to 365 days but remember — they must start and end in the UK to be valid, which means before you go through security at the airport.
Top tips for single trips
- Pack well in advance: If you embark on a single trip you'll need to ensure that you don't leave anything behind, particularly if you're abroad for a long time.
- Research the area: Make the most of your time away by planning an itinerary, and ensuring that you don't miss out on any of the star attractions.
- Vaccinations: These often take weeks to take effect, so be sure to consult your doctor and receive all necessary inoculations in advance.
- Consider extra cover: If you are planning to engage in any potentially hazardous activities, i.e. absailing or kayaking, be sure to let us know as we'll offer you a cost-effective policy tailored to your trip.
- Consider medication: If you have a pre-existing medical condition and you need to take medicine with you on your trip, then you can view our travelling with medication page to find out more.
We want to make sure you have all of the protection you need. Our comprehensive additional cover options ensure you're covered for your activities with a great value extra premium. Select as many as you like to add to your policy. With certain policy levels, like Platinum cover you receive gadget and wedding cover as standard with your policy.
Winter sports Cover
Brrrrilliant prices, just like our cover.
Cover yourself for your skiing trip and if you're hitting the slopes with extra cover for ski equipment, piste closure and avalanche cover!
Wedding Travel Insurance
Your big day needn't be stressful.
We've got the dress, rings and gifts covered so cue the wedding march!
Included with Gold and Platinum level policies
Extra Sports Activity Cover
Taking on an extreme sport?
Cover yourself for additional sports that are not included in your ordinary policy with this added cover extension!
Gadget Cover Insurance
Insure your gadgets with Holiday Extras!
Make the most of comprehensive insurance for your gadgets with our add-on cover — including your smartphones and tablets, in the event of loss, theft or damage!
Included with Platinum level policies
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platinum cover policy
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Coach Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance Europe
- Cheap Travel Insurance Worldwide
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Single-Trip Family Travel Insurance
- Annual Family Travel Insurance
- Over 50's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 75's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Over 85's Travel Insurance
- Student travel:
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Nomad Travel Insurance
- School Trip Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Fibromyalgia Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lung Cancer Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Myeloma Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance Child with Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance for Child with Autism
- Travel Insurance for Child with Cystic Fibrosis
- Travel Insurance for Child with Heart Conditions
- Travelling with a Disabled Child
- Child Travelling with Medication
- Travelling with Arthritis
- Travelling with Diabetes
- Travelling with Medication
- Guide to Flying with Back Pain
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travel Vaccinations
- Travel Vaccinations:
- BCG Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Cholera Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Meningitis Vaccine
- Polio Tetanus and Diphtheria Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Brexit and Travel
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Group Travel Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- Independent Travel Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Sports cover:
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Camping Travel Insurance
- Football Travel Insurance
- Horse Riding Travel Insurance
- Hiking Travel Insurance
- Kayaking Travel Insurance
- Kitesurfing Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Travel Insurance
- Mountain Biking Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Travel Insurance
- Safari Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba Diving Travel Insurance
- Ski Travel Insurance
- Snowboarding Travel Insurance
- Surfing Travel Insurance
- Trekking Travel Insurance
- Windsurfing Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Costa Rica
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Hong Kong
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Visa Waiver Program
- B1 visa
- B2 visa
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.