Choosing the travel insurance for a single trip
Finding the right travel insurance policy may not sound exciting but it can ensure a stress-free holiday. We offer a range of policy levels, which can be supplemented with extra cover for gadgets, winter sports, extra sporting activity, car hire excess, wedding and declared pre-existing medical conditions.
Our single trip policies offer cover for up to 365 days, ensuring that you're protected throughout the entirety of your trip. We also accept all ages on our single trip policies, without minimum or a maximum age restriction.**
What am I covered for?
A single trip can take many different forms, and with Holiday Extras you can select a policy that suits how you like to travel. Choose from the following cover levels:
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
You can add further protection if necessary, to cover you for activities such as skiing or additional cover like car hire excess insurance, or you can choose a policy to cover declared medical conditions.
How do I book?
Booking is simple. You can book online to compare our competitive prices, choose a policy that suits you and complete your payment through a straightforward process. Should you require further assistance during the booking process, you can always speak to one of our friendly team members from our Kent-based contact centre.
Long stay cover for single trips
You can rely on the comprehensive cover provided by Holiday Extras' single trip policies, even on long-planned and long-stay trips. Our policies offer cover for up to 365 days but remember — they must start and end in the UK to be valid, which means before you go through security at the airport.
Top tips for single trips
- Pack well in advance: If you embark on a single trip you'll need to ensure that you don't leave anything behind, particularly if you're abroad for a long time.
- Research the area: Make the most of your time away by planning an itinerary, and ensuring that you don't miss out on any of the star attractions.
- Vaccinations: These often take weeks to take effect, so be sure to consult your doctor and receive all necessary inoculations in advance.
- Consider extra cover: If you are planning to engage in any potentially hazardous activities, i.e. absailing or kayaking, be sure to let us know as we'll offer you a cost-effective policy tailored to your trip.
- Consider medication: If you have a pre-existing medical condition and you need to take medicine with you on your trip, then you can view our travelling with medication page to find out more.
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.