Travel insurance for Vietnam
With one of the most exciting food cultures on the planet, stunning world heritage sites, and awe-inspiring scenery, it's no surprise that Vietnam tops so many travelling bucket lists. At Holiday Extras, we want to make sure you travelling with peace of mind, should something unfortunate happen. Here's how you can find the most suitable travel insurance for your needs, as well as some tips for getting the most out of your trip.
Compare Vietnam travel insurance levels of cover
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
Do I need a visa to travel to Vietnam?
Vietnam is a country that will require you to purchase a visa before you can stay in the country for any length of time. Fortunately, visas are reasonably cheap and easy to get hold of from the Vietnam Embassy.
Like most things in Vietnam, accommodation is extremely affordable. £10 will likely get you a hotel room for a night with standard amenities. You can also find hostels and dorms for as little as £3-4 per night scattered liberally throughout more densly populated areas.
Places to Visit in Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City - A popular mode of transport for most Vietnamese is the moped, and nowhere is this more evident than in Ho Chi Minh, often dubbed the "city of mopeds". Just watching the traffic can be an entertaining spectacle in itself (spot the guy carrying three passengers and a wardrobe on his little Honda 90).
Delat - If you like your extreme sports, then Delat is famous for its canyoneering and bungee jumping. Also, be sure to check out the Hundred Roofs bar, for a surreal drinking experience.
Halong Bay - Known for its emerald waters, thousands of towering limestone islets and grottos, it's small wonder that this area is the most popular tourist spot in Northern Vietnam. For a truly immerse experience in the Bay's ethereal beauty we recommend taking an overnight cruise-tour.
Visting Hanoi, Vietnam's capital
The established capital of Vietnam, to visit Hanoi is to glimpse the beating heart of the country. Here you'll find evidence of the countries colonial past, a rising millennial youth culture challenging traditions, and the colourful chaos you've seen from the movies. Hanoi can be split into five main areas:
The Old Quarter - Situated immediately around the Hoan Kiem lake, the Old Quarter acts as the centre of activity and is where you'll find most of the authentic street life.
West Lake - The largest lake in Hanoi, this area is home to the more affluent citizens of Hanoi, together with most of the expat community. The West Lake is a popular spot for recreation with many surrounding gardens, hotels and villas.
Ba dinh- The Political centre of Vietnam. Here you'll find most of the famous government buildings, monuments and landmarks. It's worth spending an afternoon here just for the photo opportunities.
French Quarter - A great place to experience the cultural juxtaposition that has become part of Vietnam's identity. Lined with Parisian style buildings and boulevards, a trip to the French Quarter transports you to the early colonial 1900's.
Ha Ba Trung - The most 'local' chilled neighbourhood. Here, you'll find life as it is in Hanoi.
Top 5 places to visit in Hanoi
Not trip to the Vietnamese capital would be complete without a visit to these unmissable locations
The Temple of Literature
The Opera House
Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
The perfume pagoda
The Imperial Citadel
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.