Loading, please wait...
Travel Insurance with Cancer
Whether you have cancer, or have suffered in the past, book online today with Holiday Extras and travel with peace of mind. We want to help by making booking your travel insurance as stress-free as possible.
You may be having trouble finding an affordable travel insurance with a medical condition and perhaps be faced with higher premiums from other providers. That's why we've worked hard to ensure we're providing suitable travel insurance policies with comprehensive cover for you.
Choosing Holiday Extras for your travel insurance with cancer
- - Over 25 years experience selling travel insurance.
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - Tailored policies to suit your personal requirements.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK-based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - All medical conditions considered.
Our travel insurance with cancer offers protection with both our single trip and annual travel policies, as well as medical cover for cruises. Included are benefits of up to £5,000 if you need to cancel your holiday, up to £2,000 if you lose your luggage or medicine and up to £10 million in medical expenses. We offer cover for you and everyone in your party for travel in the UK and abroad. All medical conditions are considered for cover, including breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer and prostate cancer.
Compare Holiday Extras medical travel cover levels:
|End supplier failure|
Do I need to declare cancer as a pre-existing medical condition?
If you have suffered with cancer in the past or present, you will need to declare it as a pre-existing medical condition. Failure to do so could invalidate any claims you make.
How do I declare my condition?
Simply enter your travel details into the search bar at the top of this page, and you'll be taken through to our medical screening process. You'll need to answer a few questions regarding any pre-existing medical conditions you have, so we can give you the most suitable medical travel insurance policy for your personal needs. Rest assured, this process is completely confidential, and your information will be handled with the utmost care.
Here are some examples of the questions you may be asked:
- Has the cancer spread to/from somewhere else in the body?
- Has the cancer been completely removed or destroyed?
- How long ago was your last cancer treatment for this condition?
- Is there any ongoing radiotherapy or chemotherapy or is any planned?
- Are you taking strong painkillers every day for this condition?
- How short of breath do you get when you are walking on the flat?
- Have you ever been prescribed oxygen other than when you were in hospital?
Travelling with cancer
Cancer, and it's associated treatments can have physical effects on the body that may affect your travels. As such, you may need to plan your trip more carefully, taking these factors into account.
Consult your cancer specialist before travelling
The first thing you should do in planning your holiday is to speak to your cancer specialist, who can give you professional advice on what to expect when travelling with your condition, as well as any special measure you may want to consider taking. This will include any specific supplies you need to take, medication required, and any specific dietary requirements you may need.
Do your research
With a seemingly endless amount of information online, it's easy to get bogged down. Official cancer websites such as the NHS, Cancer Research UK and Macmillan Cancer Support are great choices for up-to-date information regarding travelling with cancer.
Pack enough medication for your trip
Ensure you have enough medication for the entirety of your trip. As a safety measure, it may be worth taking medication for an extra few days, should there be any unforeseen extensions to your trip, such as flight delays. This will also eliminate you having to secure medication while travelling, which could be problematic. It's worth taking a copy of your prescription with the generic names of your medicines though, should you unexpectedly misplace or run out of your medication. This information can be obtained from your GP or cancer specialist.
Help from airlines
It's worth checking the airline that you're flying with to see how they can accommodate any special requirements you may need. This may include anything from early boarding to providing oxygen or a wheelchair, should to require them.
Be aware of the climate
Some cancer treatments, like chemotherapy and radiotherapy can cause your skin to be more sensitive to sunlight. With this in mind, be aware of the climate of where you're travelling to. Though it's always recommended to pack strong sunscreen when travelling to sunnier climes, this is extra pertinent to those who are undergoing cancer treatment.
Take time zones into account
Remember to take time zones (both your departure and arrival location) into account when planning your doses of medication.
Holiday Extras travel insurance is rated 'Excellent' on Trustpilot. For more insight on what our customers think, check out our travel insurance reviews page.
Cancer, no problem & no massive charges - Buying travel insurance was so easy & simple, health issues I thought may possibly be a bit awkward were so straightforward and the price was great which was a lovely surprise after quite a large increase in price from my previous company. People like myself who've had cancer can find it difficult to get reasonably priced travel ins so this was a dream come true. I'm a convert, thank you very much.Caroline, Manchester - 5 out of 5 on Trustpilot, 12th July 2019
Good sound and sensible quotations for selected cover. - Advised to look at this site by large international cruise company. As both my wife and self have ongoing medical conditions it was critical that we have adequate and guaranteed cover. Having sourced the market for some sensible and realistic quotes after which they were anaylised to ensure we had the cover sourced Holiday Extras Cover could not be faulted and subsequently took out the insurance cover. Telephone clarification on a couple of points were immediately addressed and I was completely satisfied.Dodsworth, United Kingdom - 5 out of 5 on Trustpilot, 26th July 2019
Excellent service from Holiday Extras - For a cruise to the Far East earlier this year we booked our travel insurance through a medical insurance compared site and chose the Holiday Extras Policy as felt it had everything we needed. During this cruise my husband fell ill, Holiday Extras were brilliant. The Doctor on board dealt with everything, the excess was added to our cruise account. Can not praise Holiday Extras highly enough. So when looking for travel insurance for our holiday next year I came direct to Holiday Extras.Chrissie, United Kingdom - 5 out of 5 on Trustpilot, 11th August 2019
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Fibromyalgia Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lung Cancer Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Myeloma Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions:
- Travel Insurance Child with Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance for Child with Autism
- Travel Insurance for Child with Cystic Fibrosis
- Travel Insurance for Child with Heart Conditions
- Travelling with a Disabled Child
- Child Travelling with Medication
- Additional information:
- Do you have to declare medical conditions for travel insurance?
- Are mental health conditions classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What is classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What medical conditions can stop me from flying?
- Travelling with Arthritis
- Travelling with Diabetes
- Travelling with Medication
- Guide to Flying with Back Pain
- Which countries have the best medical care?
- Deep Vein Thrombosis when Travelling
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travel vaccinations:
- Travel Vaccinations
- BCG Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Cholera Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Meningitis Vaccine
- Polio Tetanus and Diphtheria Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Upgrade your policy with extra cover to suit how you like to travel:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Coach Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance Europe
- Cheap Travel Insurance Worldwide
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Single-Trip Family Travel Insurance
- Annual Family Travel Insurance
- Over 50's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 75's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Over 85's Travel Insurance
- Student travel:
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Nomad Travel Insurance
- School Trip Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Sports cover:
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Camping Travel Insurance
- Football Travel Insurance
- Horse Riding Travel Insurance
- Hiking Travel Insurance
- Kayaking Travel Insurance
- Kitesurfing Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Travel Insurance
- Mountain Biking Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Travel Insurance
- Safari Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba Diving Travel Insurance
- Ski Travel Insurance
- Snowboarding Travel Insurance
- Surfing Travel Insurance
- Trekking Travel Insurance
- Windsurfing Travel Insurance
- Further information:
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Brexit and Travel
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- EHIC Information
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- Group Travel Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- Independent Travel Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Travel insurance advice for your destination:
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Costa Rica
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Hong Kong
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Visa Waiver Program
- B1 visa
- B2 visa
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.