Travel insurance for Crohn's disease
If you're travelling with Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis or any other kind of inflammatory bowel condition, getting the the most suitable travel insurance for your specific needs is incredibly important for peace of mind while you're away.
Why choose Holiday Extras for your Crohn's travel insurance?
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - Tailored policies to suit your personal requirements.
- - UK-based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - All medical conditions considered.
How do I declare my condition?
Enter your travelling details into the quote form at the top of the page, and you'll be taken through to our discreet medical screening process. You'll need to answer a few questions regarding any pre-existing medical conditions you have. Rest assured, all answers will be handled with the utmost care and confidentiality.
Some questions you will be asked may relate to:
- The number of hospital admissions you have had in the last 2 years.
- Whether you have had any abdominal surgery for the condition.
- When (if applicable) your most recent operation for this condition was.
- If you have required regular drug injections or infusions to treat this condition.
- If you are currently on any medication for your condition.
- Whether you have had any episodes of bowel obstruction.
Compare cover levels for travel insurance for Crohn's disease
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
Travelling with Crohn's disease
Consult your doctor
The first port of call when preparing for your trip is to visit your gp. They can give you all the relevant information you may need for your time away. This may include the amount of medication to bring, any medical certification you may need and any general advice on how to make your trip more comfortable.
Do your research
Find out in advance where the public toilets are located in an area you will be visiting. Apps like Toilet Finder are great for quickly locating the nearest toilets in an unfamiliar area. Getting a Can't Wait Card is a good idea, as this allows you to skip straight to the front if there's a queue for toilet. Be aware however, not all countries will recognise this.
Make sure you bring along enough medication to last the entire duration of the trip. This will eliminate and issues that may arise trying to secure a prescription abroad. It's still wise to bring along a copy of your prescription with the generic names of your medicines, in case you need to replace lost supplies. This can be obtained from your doctor.
Find out in advance whether the buses and trains you might use will have toilet facilities, and if you're travelling by air, make sure to request a seat close to the bathroom.
Make sure, well ahead of time, that you are up to date with your all your medical vaccinations, along with the specific vaccinations required for your travel destination.
Looking for information regarding a different condition?
Be sure to have a read up on our pre-existing conditions travel insurance.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Fibromyalgia Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lung Cancer Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Myeloma Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions:
- Travel Insurance Child with Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance for Child with Autism
- Travel Insurance for Child with Cystic Fibrosis
- Travel Insurance for Child with Heart Conditions
- Travelling with a Disabled Child
- Child Travelling with Medication
- Additional information:
- Do you have to declare medical conditions for travel insurance?
- Are mental health conditions classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What is classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What medical conditions can stop me from flying?
- Travelling with Arthritis
- Travelling with Diabetes
- Travelling with Medication
- Guide to Flying with Back Pain
- Which countries have the best medical care?
- Deep Vein Thrombosis when Travelling
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travel vaccinations:
- Travel Vaccinations
- BCG Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Cholera Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Meningitis Vaccine
- Polio Tetanus and Diphtheria Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Upgrade your policy with extra cover to suit how you like to travel:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Coach Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance Europe
- Cheap Travel Insurance Worldwide
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Single-Trip Family Travel Insurance
- Annual Family Travel Insurance
- Over 50's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 75's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Over 85's Travel Insurance
- Student travel:
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Nomad Travel Insurance
- School Trip Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Sports cover:
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Camping Travel Insurance
- Football Travel Insurance
- Horse Riding Travel Insurance
- Hiking Travel Insurance
- Kayaking Travel Insurance
- Kitesurfing Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Travel Insurance
- Mountain Biking Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Travel Insurance
- Safari Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba Diving Travel Insurance
- Ski Travel Insurance
- Snowboarding Travel Insurance
- Surfing Travel Insurance
- Trekking Travel Insurance
- Windsurfing Travel Insurance
- Further information:
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Brexit and Travel
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- EHIC Information
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- Group Travel Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- Independent Travel Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Travel insurance advice for your destination:
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Costa Rica
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Hong Kong
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Visa Waiver Program
- B1 visa
- B2 visa
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.