Book comprehensive Dubai travel insurance for your next trip
Explore the ever-changing culture of Dubai with peace of mind, by booking travel insurance from Holiday Extras. Boasting the tallest building on the planet, the 3rd busiest airport in the world, the largest shopping mall in existence and the world's only 7-star hotel - Dubai is a city of extreme extravagance. Perhaps the only place in the world where you can Uber a helicopter.
Getting suitable travel insurance for your trip to Dubai thankfully doesn't need to cost the earth, and Holiday Extras Dubai travel insurance policies can be individually tailored to suit you. We also cover the majority of pre-existing medical conditions as well as offer add-ons for extra activities, gadget cover and more.
Efficiency is at the heart of Dubai's economic success, and when booking with Holiday Extras you can have your worldwide policy ready in just a few clicks. Additionally, individual members of a group annual policy can travel separately as long as they live at the same address.
Travel insurance Dubai cover levels
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
Booking your policy
Securing a travel insurance policy is quick and easy. Fill in a quote form above to choose a suitable policy online or simply call our friendly Kent-based call centre.
Dubai Fast Facts
Do you need vaccinations?
In most cases you won't need vaccinations for visiting Dubai, however if you plan to venture outside of the urban areas, then you'll want to get some basic jabs, including Hepatitis A, Tetanus and Diphtheria.
If you're travelling on a British passport, then you'll automatically be granted a 30-day tourist visa upon entry. You can extend this visa for another 30 days without leaving the country. Your passport will need to have at least 6 months validity remaining from the date of your entry into the UAE.
United Arab Emirates dirham - The UAE has officially gone contactless in 2019 with credit and debit cards from all over the world accepted. You can also find plenty of ATMSs throughout the city should you need some cash.
Arabic - English is the second language and is widely spoken
Weather and climate
Summer season (April-Oct): 38 degrees celsius (avg. temp). Winter season: 22 degrees celsius.
Knowledge of local etiquette
Although fairly liberal compared to the surrounding seven states in the United Arab Emirates, Dubai is still under Sharia law. This means that certain things like public displays of affection, drinking alcohol in public and even losing your temper are all prohibited and may be severely punished. Be sure to research in advance, and take particular care during the holy month of Ramadan, or when visiting religious areas. In some parts of Dubai, it's frowned upon to wear shorts or strappy tops, so it's recommended to carry a wrap or sarong in such areas.
The combination of scorching temperatures and high levels of humidity in Dubai put your skin at higher risk. Be prepared for the heat, drink plenty of water, bring enough sunscreen, and don't overly exert yourself in the heat.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.