Gap Year travel insurance
Taking a break from study is the perfect opportunity to get some experience and see the world. It could be volunteering abroad, an overseas internship or travelling to any four corners of the globe. All exciting prospects and the right holiday insurance policy can seal the deal.
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
How do I book my holiday insurance policy?
Booking online is quick and simply, it's also a good way to compare prices and customise your policy to include any additional cover you might need. If you'd prefer to book via telephone, you can call our free and friendly UK call centre team for more information and making a payment.
Looking to travel whilst studying?
If you can't take a full gap year but you've found an opportunity to travel whilst studying then visit our student travel insurance page to find a policy that suits how you'd like to see the world.
Interrail travel insurance
You may want to spend part of you're gap year zipping around europe with an interrail train ticket. In this case, you may want some advice on travel insurance for an interrail holiday. Check out our interrail travel insurance page for more information on choosing the right travel insurance for this kind of holiday.
Planning to work while you travel?
Many people choose to work whilst on their gap year to enrich their travelling experience and supplement their funds. Take a look at our working holiday insurance page for more information on how to get cover for working abroad.
Gap year travel
Visit the HX Blog, it's packed full of tips and gap year ideas for students looking to travel. We've got some great articles for you to read, choosing between a gap year or career break Or we can help to spark some ideas with potentialgap year travel routes.
Additional cover options
If you already have a rough idea of any sports and activities you plan to try then we recommend you read over your policy wording. In which you should find a list for over 100 sports that are already covered.
You might be a keen golfer, an avid skier or travelling frequently for a work placement. With this in mind, we've arranged additional cover options to upgrade your policy.
Winter sports travel insurance
Hitting the slopes might be top of your to-do list. Before donning a pair of skis, be sure to consider winter sports cover in addition to your regular policy. We provide cover for your own equipment and any you choose to hire, you are also protected should the piste be subject to closure.
Business travel insurance
Landed the ideal gap year opportunity working abroad? Laptops, work mobile phones, presentation equipment - all expensive gadgets! So you may want to think about taking out cover for them. Visit our business travel insurance page to find out more!
Travelling the world with a medical condition?
Have medical condition and looking travel the world? It can still be affordable! Our insurance experts are here to make sure your medical condition won't impact your holiday and work hard to provide comprehensive cover for you.
Be sure to have a read up on our travel insurance with medical conditions pages for more information.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.