Loading, please wait...

Take care of your wedding day and all of those finer details with reliable travel insurance including wedding cover from Holiday Extras

Booking travel insurance for your wedding

Weddings can be expensive and if you plan to tie the knot abroad, it's important to have a financial safety net.

Our wedding cover is available with Gold & Platinum cover insurance policies, so you can safeguard your big day, whilst also getting everything else you would expect from an ordinary travel insurance policy.

What's included?

  • £250 per person for wedding rings - Should any of the couples' rings be lost or stolen we can cover the costs to replace or repair them.
  • £750 per couple for wedding photographs - Protect those precious wedding photos against loss or damage.
  • £1,000 per couple for wedding presents - We will replace any of your lovely gifts should they be lost or stolen.
  • £1,500 per couple for wedding attire - If disaster strikes and the dress is jeopardised, don't panic about the finances - we've got you covered.

Wedding abroad insurance advice

As everyone knows, weddings often involve considerable monetary expense. For this reason, if you're planning a wedding abroad, taking out a basic travel insurance policy may not be enough to cover all the expenses, should something not go according to plan. Taking out a travel insurance policy with specialised wedding cover included will see that that all the important elements of your wedding are protected, including rings, dresses, wedding gifts, photographs and photography services.

Holiday Extras provide wedding cover when you take out a Gold or Platinum level policy. The wedding travel insurance cover includes cover for wedding dresses, suits, shoes, make-up and flowers all bought especially for the bride and groom on their wedding day. You will also receive cover for wedding gifts which are sent before the journey or received during the trip, as well as cover for the bride and groom's wedding rings.

Getting married abroad can be a clever way to save money on a wedding, whilst making the whole occasion a lot more memorable. Dealing with the legal side of things can be a little tricky though. Here are some of the things you'll need to consider, if you're planning to get married abroad.

First of all, bear in mind that the marriage will need to be legally recognised both in the UK and the country in which the marriage is taking place. You'll also need some specific legal documents such as:

  • Full birth certificates
  • Certificate of no impediment
  • Single status declaration
  • Passports with at least 6 months validity left

If you are divorced, you'll also need a 'Decree Absolute', and if you are widowed, you'll need the death certificate of the deceased spouse as well as the marriage certificate from the previous marriage.

Be sure to bring originals of all the necessary documents. You'll also need to be aware that some countries will have a 'minimum residency period' which means you and you're prospective spouse will have had to have been in the country a set number of days before you can go ahead with the wedding.

Additional cover

Alongside our wedding cover, we have further options available so you can customise your policy to include winter sports, cruise and gadget cover.

Do you have a medical condition?

If you have a pre-existing condition then be sure to declare all. Simply complete our booking form above so we can customise your medical insurance policy to ensure you're adequately insured. Powered by Holiday Extras, we work together so you set off with appropriate holiday insurance.

Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.

Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.