Loading, please wait...
Take care of your wedding day and all of those finer details with reliable travel insurance including wedding cover from Holiday Extras
Booking travel insurance for your wedding
Weddings can be expensive and if you plan to tie the knot abroad, it's important to have a financial safety net.
Our wedding cover is available with Gold & Platinum cover insurance policies, so you can safeguard your big day, whilst also getting everything else you would expect from an ordinary travel insurance policy.
- £250 per person for wedding rings - Should any of the couples' rings be lost or stolen we can cover the costs to replace or repair them.
- £750 per couple for wedding photographs - Protect those precious wedding photos against loss or damage.
- £1,000 per couple for wedding presents - We will replace any of your lovely gifts should they be lost or stolen.
- £1,500 per couple for wedding attire - If disaster strikes and the dress is jeopardised, don't panic about the finances - we've got you covered.
Wedding abroad insurance advice
As everyone knows, weddings often involve considerable monetary expense. For this reason, if you're planning a wedding abroad, taking out a basic travel insurance policy may not be enough to cover all the expenses, should something not go according to plan. Taking out a travel insurance policy with specialised wedding cover included will see that that all the important elements of your wedding are protected, including rings, dresses, wedding gifts, photographs and photography services.
Holiday Extras provide wedding cover when you take out a Gold or Platinum level policy. The wedding travel insurance cover includes cover for wedding dresses, suits, shoes, make-up and flowers all bought especially for the bride and groom on their wedding day. You will also receive cover for wedding gifts which are sent before the journey or received during the trip, as well as cover for the bride and groom's wedding rings.
Getting married abroad can be a clever way to save money on a wedding, whilst making the whole occasion a lot more memorable. Dealing with the legal side of things can be a little tricky though. Here are some of the things you'll need to consider, if you're planning to get married abroad.
First of all, bear in mind that the marriage will need to be legally recognised both in the UK and the country in which the marriage is taking place. You'll also need some specific legal documents such as:
- Full birth certificates
- Certificate of no impediment
- Single status declaration
- Passports with at least 6 months validity left
If you are divorced, you'll also need a 'Decree Absolute', and if you are widowed, you'll need the death certificate of the deceased spouse as well as the marriage certificate from the previous marriage.
Be sure to bring originals of all the necessary documents. You'll also need to be aware that some countries will have a 'minimum residency period' which means you and you're prospective spouse will have had to have been in the country a set number of days before you can go ahead with the wedding.
Do you have a medical condition?
If you have a pre-existing condition then be sure to declare all. Simply complete our booking form above so we can customise your medical insurance policy to ensure you're adequately insured. Powered by Holiday Extras, we work together so you set off with appropriate holiday insurance.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.