Breast cancer travel insurance
If you currently have, or have had breast cancer in the past, book a breast cancer travel insurance policy online today.
We provide comprehensive travel insurance, including tailored cover for any pre-existing medical conditions you may have. Our travel insurance for cancer offers protection with both our single trip and annual travel insurance, and offers medical cover for cruises. We cover the majority of pre-existing medical conditions and all medical conditions will be considered. This includes all forms of cancer.
All policies come equipped with cover for medical emergency expenses, repatriation, and lost medication as well as cover for cancellation and curtailment. Simply enter your travel information into the quote form to find out more.
Choosing Holiday Extras for your breast cancer travel insurance
- - Over 30 years experience selling travel insurance.
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - Tailored policies to suit your personal requirements.
- - UK-based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - All medical conditions considered.
Compare breast cancer travel insurance levels cover levels:
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
How do I declare my condition?
We understand that you may find it difficult to talk about your condition, especially if you have already spoken to a number of insurers about your condition. Our screening process is designed with this in mind, allowing you a brief and confidential screening experience.
Simply enter your travelling details into the quote form at the top of the page, and you'll be taken through your medical screening, where you'll need to answer a few questions regarding your condition. You can be certain that all your answers will be handled with care, to ensure you get the best policy for your personal needs. We should add that we always advise you to speak with your GP or consultant for any medical travel advice before you book anything.
Medical screening questions:
Some questions you may be asked:
- Has there ever been a spread from the breast to any other part of the body?
- How long ago was your last treatment for cancer?
- Are you currently having, or planning to have, any cancer treatments?
- Have you been offered chemotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery but chosen not to proceed?
- What was the outcome of your most recent scan or x-ray to assess your cancer?
- Are you taking strong painkillers every day for this condition?
- Do you need assistance with your day-to-day activities as a result of this condition?
Medical screening takes place online through the quote form above, though if you prefer, this can also be done via our UK based insurance team by calling our friendly helpline.
Travel insurance for patients with Secondary Breast Cancer
Please be aware, that we currently do not provide cover for patients with secondary breast cancer. If you are a patient suffering from secondary breast cancer and require travel insurance, there are a number of insurers that can provide cover. We recommend visiting Macmillan's online community, as travel insurance for secondary breast cancer is often discussed.
Travelling with breast cancer
Counsult your cancer specialist before travelling
Your cancer specialist will be able to give you advice on where you're travelling, any special arrangements you may need to make, and any information pertaining to your condition in elation to the country you're visiting. They will also be able to provide you with a note confirming your conditions and medications, should you need it while away.
Do your own research
Pack enough medication
This may seem like an obvous one, but make sure you pack not only enough medication for the entirety of your trip, but take a little extra in case of emergencies such as flight delays or lost medication.
Check vaccinations with your cancer specialist
If you're travelling to a destination that requires you to have vaccinations, you may need to speak to your specialist to see if this will affect your cindition or treatment. Live vaccinations are not recommended if you are undergoing chemotherapy or within 6 months of stopping treatment.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- Multiple Sclerosis Travel Insurance
- Prostate cancer travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions travel insurance
- Cruise travel insurance with medical conditions
- Senior travel insurance with medical conditions
- Travel health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze Travel Insurance
- Silver Travel Insurance
- Gold Travel Insurance
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Under 18's Travel Insurance
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Compare Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.