Stansted Airport Arrivals : Everything you need to know
Arriving at Stansted airport should be a stress-free experience for everyone, whether you're there to pick someone up or you're arriving and planning to take public transport to central London. You can use the information on this page to find out all you need to know about Stansted airport arrivals. Entering your details into the form on the right lets you check the status of inbound flights, so that you're aware of timings.
Driving to Stansted airport
Stansted has just one terminal, so reaching the right part of the airport to pick someone up on time is simple. The airport is around 40 miles from central London, and is easily accessible from the M11 motorway. If you're approaching from London use Junction 8a; if you're coming from Cambridge use Junction 8, after which Stansted will be clearly signposted.
For further directions, visit our directions to Stansted airport page to learn how to reach the airport from your starting location.
Where to park
Whether you arrive at Stansted airport just in time to pick up a loved one, or you need to wait in one of the car parks for a while, a variety of options are available. Choose one of the facilities from the selection below:
- Free facility - A free pick-up point is available in a designated part of the Mid-Stay car park. You can wait for up to an hour free-of-charge and longer at daily Mid-Stay car park rates. Stansted arrivals can reach the pick-up point from the terminal forecourt: it's just a five-minute trip on the free bus.
- Short-Stay car park - Red, Orange and Green Short-Stay car parks are available, and all are located close to the terminal. The minimum charge is £8.00 for up to a 30 minute stay*, and you can leave your vehicle unattended to meet your passenger at the terminal.
*Prices shown correct as of May 2022 and are subject to change.
Stansted airport to central London
Arrivals to Stansted who are not being picked up can make the short trip to central London easily. The variety of public transport options ensures that you can travel in convenience, without paying over the odds.
The following options are available:
- Train - The Stansted Express departs from a station directly below the terminal. It reaches London Liverpool Street in just 47 minutes, and trains leave every 15 minutes.
- Bus or coach - Coaches run frequently to a number of popular London destinations, including Victoria, Liverpool Street and Baker Street. Fares are often inexpensive, and the coaches leave from a station opposite the terminal.
- Taxi - The Stansted Airport Taxi Operator is open all hours, from a reservation desk in the international arrivals concourse and a courtesy phone in the UK and Ireland baggage reclaim hall.