Travel Consent Forms for Under 18's

Anyone under the age of 18 will need the consent of their parent or legal guardian if they want to travel. Specifically, in order to pass through border security and go anywhere abroad, children must bring a travel consent form to prove that their guardian has approved his or her trip. Here are a few details about the travel form for you to keep in mind.

Travel insurance for a child travelling with another family

With any holiday, you need to make sure your child is safe. Having the correct travel insurance can help to reduce stress for your child and for whoever they are travelling with. Having the correct children's travel insurance will help to give you the peace of mind and confidence that your child is protected while travelling.

Child travel consent form

The travel consent form is a piece of paper that must have the following on it:

    A signature from a parent or legal guardian

    The permission to travel outlined

Without this letter, border security has the right to deny crossing for someone that is under the age of 18, or in other words, a minor.

There are lots of consent form templates that you can find online depending on the country you are from. This is not something you would need to draft yourself which makes it a fairly easy process to complete.

Do you need a letter of permission to travel with grandchildren?

Grandparents should still carry with them parental travel consent if they want to take their grandchildren out of the country. Although they are family members for the children and it's not illegal to take them travelling, it's a safety precaution and a legal requirement that needs to be met. If you must interact with a law enforcement official, it's always best to have a letter of consent signed by both parents of the minor. Remember that this is in addition to the passport or travel document that must always be brought in order to board a plane.

Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.

Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.