Top 5 Destinations for Under 18's Travelling Alone
Teenagers are about flexibility and freedom. Around the UK and Europe in general, there are more than 200 teenage-friendly destinations. From mega theme parks and epic pools to white sandy beaches and world-class shopping malls for the shopping enthusiasts, independent teenagers are spoilt for choice.
Planning your next adventure?
Sign up and be the first to hear about our latest Holiday Extras deals.
The following are the top 5 destinations for under 18's traveling alone:
Every year, countless young people flock the great island of Menorca. It's off the Spanish coast. This is an incredible place to not only have fun but also enjoy the sun. Menorca is a wonderful holiday destination for any first-time teenage holidaymaker.
The professionally and newly designed MTB & BMX track with floodlight and jumps offers a thrilling experience to teenagers. If you're into cycling, you'll love the bicycles for hire on offer.
Menorca also offers horse riding and shows. How about enjoying the dazzling scenery of the island behind or on top of a horse? If that doesn't excite you enough, then you'll enjoy the pony rides through enchanting woods. You can also visit the stables or head to the horse shows.
The other activity teenagers can enjoy at Menorca is playing and relaxing at the island's Son Bou Gardens. Attractions here include pools and water chutes. Pools are open from 10-7pm while waterslides are open from 11-7pm.
Hostel World offers pocket friendly accommodation for teenagers visiting Menorca.
Ireland is another perfect destination for first-time teenage holidaymakers. In fact, why not spice up your travel by visiting on St. Patrick's Day? The food, restaurants and pubs are fantastic. The atmosphere is vibrant. The people are hospitable. Of course, just be sure to wear green.
Some of the places teenagers can visit in Dublin include the National Aquatic Centre, the National Museums of Ireland, the National Gallery, and the Jump Zone. Others are the Crypt at Christchurch, the Science Gallery, and Shackleton Endurance Exhibition.
The Dublin Internationals Youth Hostel and the Four Court Hostel are some of the hostels that can accommodate you while in Dublin, Ireland.
This resource is also helpful in terms of accommodation choices in Ireland.
#3: French Alps Activity Holidays by Active Clubs
The French Alps holiday by Alpine Elements is suited to all ages. There's a teen club that caters to the holiday needs of teenagers. The fun-focused club offers activities such as beach volley ball, tennis, kayaking, paddle boarding, climbing, rafting, and mountain climbing.
#4: Canvas Holidays
This is the perfect holiday gift for teenagers. Canvas Holidays boasts campsite across Europe with an array of on-site activities which include tennis, volleyball, football, water sports etc. Teenagers can chill out by the poolside, hang out at the snack restaurant or amuse themselves in the room tailored for games. With Wi-Fi and internet access available on most campsites, teens can get in touch with everyone at home round the clock.
#5: Costa Navarino, Greece
A luxurious resort, Costa Navarino is located on Greece's Peloponnese coast. Without a doubt, it's a gorgeous teenage-friendly destination. The resort offers both luxury and traditional hotel accommodation. Costa Navarino features world-class restaurants, a championship golf course, fantastic spa, an on-site Aqua Park, land and water activities, etc.
A combination of informal and scheduled activities allows teenagers to propose exactly what they desire to do. Taking advantage of the nearby local attractions is something teen visitors should consider doing while at the resort.
The quality of services in this resort is what makes it stand out from the rest. In addition to playing an array of games such as rounders and tennis on the beach, teenagers can also step out for a snorkeling safari, scuba-diving, golf, windsurfing, "fun tubes" and windsurfing. If one is into excursions, he or she can go for a bike trek or rock climbing.
The annual exodus of post-GSCE teenagers to different parts of the country or region is a rite of passage. Teens not only have a great time, but also get to meet new people. There's a variety of adventurous, fun and teen-friendly destinations across Europe. The above are the top 5 destinations for under 18's traveling alone.
If you found the tips and insights useful, then check out our other helpful articles on travelling as an under-18.
- Staying Safe as an Under 18 Travelling Alone
- Using Your Electrics Abroad
- How To Save For Your Trip as an Under 18 Solo Traveller
- Is Couch-surfing Recommended for Under-18 Travellers?
- Under 18 solo travelling: Convincing your parents to let you travel
- Can you fly alone under 18 years of age?
- Travel insurance for under-18s
- Interrail travel insurance
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.