Loading, please wait...
Enjoy cheap European holiday insurance from just *
Cheap holiday insurance for travelling around Europe
At Holiday Extras we understand that booking your cheap travel insurance Europe can seem a complicated task, there are many insurance providers offering different levels of cover for a range of prices - so you need to be sure you're getting the best cheap cover for your vacation around Europe.
A cheap travel insurance policy for Europe can protect you if things don't work out the way you had planned. This comprehensive holiday insurance provides emergency cover which includes cancellation, medical costs and lost luggage cover. If you are travelling with any medical conditions we can provide you with the insurance that you need, at excellent value too. We cover the majority of pre-existing medical conditions.
At Holiday Extras, getting great cheap additional cover for your European trip, is also simple and can be applied to your existing policy so that you're covered for all of your planned holiday activities. You can add additional winter sports, gadget cover cover to your travel insurance. If your trip includes extreme sports, like kitesurfing or white water rafting, we'll be able to arrange extra cover online today.
Types of cover
Our cheapest travel insurance for Europe single trip policy provides cover for one trip of up to 365 days. We have four levels of cover to choose from, so you don't have to pay extra for any cover you don't need. You can take out cheaper travel insurance for Europe without compromising on great cover. For more information on our cheap single trip travel insurance policies, visit our single trip travel insurance page.
If you are a more frequent traveller you may benefit from purchasing comprehensive cheap annual travel insurance cover for your European trip and enjoy an unlimited amount of trips across 12 months given that each trip does not exceed the number of days specified by your level of cover. For more information on our reliable, cheap annual holiday insurance for travelling throughout Europe then visit our annual travel insurance page.
With Holiday Extras you can get cheap, reliable European travel insurance or cheap worldwide travel insurance cover. If you are unsure whether your destination is covered under cheap travel insurance Europe, simply apply online today for a quote.
Levels of cover
Depending on your budget, we have cheap holiday insurance packages available to suit every traveller on their journey. With high levels of protection and a 24-hour emergency contact team, there's no need to compromise on your cover if you're on a tight budget and need cheap travel insurance Europe.
At Holiday Extras, with our cheap European travel insurance you can purchase a policy with one of four levels of cover; depending on your specific requirements. The four cover levels available are - cheap bronze cover, silver cover or gold cover, we also offer Platinum which is our highest level of cover and offers higher levels of protection with no excess to pay, but if you purchase our cheap bronze cover for your European travel, we've still ensured you'll receive an appropriate amount of cover at a great price - so you can venture abroad covered for the essentials.
Our cover levels include:
Top European activities
- Leave the beaten track and spot the Northern Lights in Finland. You can hike through the wilderness or stay in a relaxing village near to the Russian border to experience one of the most wondrous sights known to man.
- Europe is cycle crazy, so pedal from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean Coast in France, or tackle the scenic flats of the Netherlands.
- How about horse-riding in Italy? Enjoy the spectacular scenery like never before in our favourite horse-riding destination, where you can pass by ancient villages, along rugged mountain lanes and beside beautiful vineyards.
Globetrotting around Europe
A few handy tips before you take-off:
- If you are travelling with medication check the airline requirements and follow the correct guidelines if you have a pre-existing medical condition.
- Remain mobile on lengthy journeys, whether you're flying, driving or taking a plane or ferry. Sitting still for long hours can exacerbate medical health problems, and can even cause deep vein thrombosis.
- Restrict your plans in the immediate aftermath of a long flight. When your plane arrives, you could be tired and jetlagged, so allow yourself some time to relax and recover.
- Arrange your accommodation and transport from a port or airport ahead of time, this could allow you the extra time you need to recharge before you start exploring.
Need some cheap worldwide holiday inspiration?
If you would like some exciting ideas about where to travel to, then check out our fantastic video guide to six superb destinations you can choose from and explore in Europe and beyond in 2018 - including the beautiful beaches in Cyprus!
Cheap trip ideas in Europe
If you would like some more inspiration check out one of our many European destination pages and get packing:
Frequently asked questions
Do I still need travel insurance if I have an EHIC card?
A European health insurance card (or EHIC card) is a provision available to all citizens of participating European countries that entitles you to the same level of state provided medical care as a person living in the country you're visiting.
While it is indeed very helpful to have an EHIC card, it may not always provide as much cover as a fully comprehensive European travel insurance policy. This is because the exact medical cover you can expect to receive with an EHIC card will vary from country to country, and in many cases, you will still be expected to pay at least part of the medical bill. Under and EHIC card you are not insured for repatriation back to your home country should the need arise, and repatriation can be very costly.
What is classed as European travel?
Before you go ahead and book your European travel insurance policy, it's always wise to find out if the destination is classed as within Europe or not. While it may be obvious that countries like France, Germany and Spain all come under European cover, for countries like Greece, Russia and Turkey, the categorisation can vary from insurer to insurer. If you are unsure as to whether your holiday destination is classed as within Europe or not, apply online for a quote today.
Travelling with medical conditions
It can be difficult to find a cheap provider of European travel insurance whilst suffering with a medical condition. With a potentially higher need for medical assistance whilst abroad, at Holiday Extras it doesn't always have to mean a higher price. We have a dedicated team on-hand to organise a quote tailored to you, so we can provide a policy that is individual to your needs. As long as you have disclosed all pre-existing conditions - we are more than happy to provide comprehensive cheap worldwide cover on both a single trip and annual basis, though please note age restrictions may apply. Please read our travel insurance with medical conditions page to find out more.
What if I choose not to declare an existing medical condition?
In the unfortunate event that you require medical treatment that is in any way related to your undisclosed condition, then all of your claims will be rejected and your travel insurance policy will be rendered invalid, if you haven't declared a pre-existing medical condition on your policy.
Bear in mind that medical treatment abroad can cost thousands. Visit our travel insurance with medical conditions page to learn more.
When should you buy travel insurance?
If you are venturing on a single trip then you should buy travel insurance prior to your trip and select the date your holiday begins. When booking an annual multi-trip policy, you should be looking to book your policy 60 days in advance. This way you'll have a policy all set for your summer holidays.
What does travel insurance cover?
Most travel insurance plans are package plans that include various coverage. This cover can include cancellation cover, medical cover, cover for delayed or lost possessions (baggage cover), personal liability and legal expenses.
Can I refund my travel insurance policy?
Yes, you can refund your premium in full within 14 days of purchase, providing you have not claimed or already travelled on your policy.
Cancelling your policy
It is possible to cancel your travel insurance policy worldwide within 14 days of making your purchase, during which time, we can fully refund your payment. If your cancellation falls outside of this duration then it is still possible to cut ties with your policy but unfortunately we are not able to provide a refund.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.