Loading, please wait...
Football Travel Insurance
There's nothing like a good bit of footie in the sun and if you're planning to revel in the glorious game on your next holiday, here's how travel insurance policies can help. With prices starting from *, its too tempting to not go for a kick about!
At Holiday Extras we provide cover for football activities at no extra charge to your policy, as long as it's just practice or training - no proper matches. If you are intending to take part in any organised, amateur matches you'll need to add extra activity cover for that.
Please note that our policies are not designed with professional footballing activities in mind and such activities won't be covered.
What am I covered for?
Medical emergency expenses - This covers you for any hospital stays, transport to the hospital and any medical treatment you might need to receive. If you tear a ligament, fracture a bone or sprain an ankle while on the pitch, you can rest assured that we've got you covered.
Personal liability - This part of your policy covers you against any damage that your accident might cause to other people or property. For example, if you were caught up in a harsh challenge with another player, and both of you came out injured, any medical attention that the other player might need to receive can be covered by your insurance policy.
Personal accident - Under this section of your cover, you are insured against any more serious injuries that have life-altering effects. It's highly unlikely that you ever get such injuries in a simple game of football, but it's good to know that you're covered against these type of eventualities nonetheless.
Personal possessions - With this section of your policy, you are covered up to 300 on a single item, with a maximum claim amount of £2000. This means that should you lose those expensive football boots or that custom football shirt, you can claim to be reimbursed the value of the items.
24/7 helpline - With our policies, you'll also have the added benefit of access to our friendly support team, who are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to offer help and advice on any travel related situation you might face.
Travel Insurance cover levels:
Common football-related injuries
Sprained ankles - perhaps the most common type of injury you can get on the pitch, the sprained ankle, or 'rolled ankle' as it's also known as, is the enemy of all footballers, because it's so easy to be injured in this way. A mild sprain can put you out of action for anything from a few days to a few weeks. Usually, ice packs and rest are the best ways to treat a sprain.
Hamstring strain - Another very common injury to the muscle or tendons on the back of the thigh, often as a result of sprinting. If you sustain a hamstring injury, expect to stay away from sports for between 2 to 4 weeks. It's always best to see a doctor to determine the extent of the injury and what treatment is best applied.
Jones fracture - this is a fracture that occurs at the fifth metatarsal, which is the long bone on the outer side of the foot, beneath the little toe. In most cases the best way to treat this type of injury is with surgery, as there is no guarantee that the bones will heal naturally in the right way. If surgery isn't performed, then the doctor will usually put the limb in a cast and perform regular x-ray scans to monitor whether the bone is healing properly.
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.