Loading, please wait...
Travel insurance for Colombia
Explore Colombia with reliable worldwide travel insurance from just *
Colombia's modern cities, Caribbean beaches and Amazon forests make it a number one worldwide destination on the list of most travellers. With Holiday Extras holiday insurance you can select a policy that provides the amount of cover that you require, and that helps to protect you from declared medical conditions, and unforeseen medical expenses - an essential, given the tropical climate.
Choose Holiday Extras for Colombia travel insurance
With Holiday Extras you don't have to settle for an inflexible policy - there's four different cover levels to choose from:
Single and Annual multi-trip policies
Whether you want cover for just one trip, or for several trips planned throughout the year, you can be assured of reliable, robust cover.
|Your trip can last up to 365 days but must start and end in the UK to be entirely valid||Maximum trip duration varies depending on the policy: 22 days for Bronze, 31 days for Silver and Gold, 45 days for Platinum|
|Must be purchased before leaving the UK, i.e. before passing through security at the airport.||Groups can benefit from an annual policy that does not require them to travel together, nor live together — that's just for family policies!|
|Anyone any age can travel — even under 18s can travel alone||Under 18s must travel with an adult and you cannot travel on the policy if you are older than 79 years at the date of booking|
|With prices starting from just *||With prices starting from just **|
Booking your policy
Booking online is nice and easy. You make your payment online or via our call centre team. Fill in our quote form above and choose a policy that suits your travels.
Frequent travellers can book an annual multi-trip travel policy, which provides cover for an unlimited number of trips acroos a 365 day period. Please remember that each trip must not exceed the maximum trip duration** stated in the policy wording which can be found when making a quote. Individuals, couples or families on annual policies can travel separately, as long as they live together.
Advice for travelling to Colombia
Entry - British nationals can enter Colombia for 90 days for tourism purposes without a visa. You will receive an entry stamp in your passport upon arrival.
Medical - Holiday Extras travel insurance provides cover for pre-existing medical conditions, so check with your GP for any conditions prior to leaving and ensure that you declare these to us. Certain immunisations are recommended, like Yellow Fever and Typhoid. Our medical cover does not cover for illnesses if the correct immunisations were not administered.
Safety - Tourist security in Colombia has improved hugely in recent years, but it is still advisable to keep your belongings close to hand, particularly in busy city areas.
Popular attractions in Colombia
- Bogotà, Colombia's capital, is a cosmopolitan hub filled with things to see. The north is modern and forward-thinking, while the south has quaint and historic areas like La Candelaria.
- Visit Providencia, a beautiful and unspoiled volcanic island with lush beaches and tiny hamlets.
- Hold your nerve and visit the ominous Palace of the Inquisition, a hauntingly striking example of late colonial architecture.
- Relax in a haciendas, or estate, deep in the rural heart of Colombia. Get a real taste of culture in locations like the Llanos Orientales.
- Cartagena is one of America's best-preserved ancient cities, and the elegant buildings reside a short distance from lush Caribbean beaches.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.