Loading, please wait...
Snowboarding Travel Insurance
Hitting the slopes? Upgrade your travel insurance policy with a snowboarding travel insurance add-on. Prices starting from *
Whether you're a seasoned shredder or a snowboarding novice, you'll want the most cost effective, reliable travel insurance policy for your snowboarding holiday. Snowboarding carries different risks to skiing and we've kept this in mind when putting our winter sports cover together. In this helpful guide, we'll look at how to avoid potential snowboard insurance issues and how to get the most out of your snowboarding insurance policy. We must state that for all our winter sports, you need to be 65 years old or younger for the policy to be valid.
Winter Sports Add-on
- Equipment hire
- Personal equipment
- Up to £200 piste closure
- Avalanche cover
- Friendly 24/7 UK-based helpline †
- Maximum age on our winter sports add-on of 64 years old.
Which Holiday Extras cover level should you choose?
At Holiday Extras, we like to keep things as straightforward and hassle-free as possible. That's why we just have two policies: Single Trip and Annual Multi-Trip. These are both available at the bronze, silver, gold and platinum levels, to suit your needs.
Snowboard equipment insurance
With any snowboarding travel insurance, you will want to make sure that you have proper cover for your equipment, whether it's a hired board and gear that you're using, or your own kit.
The cover you receive for your ski and snowboarding equipment is often very similar to what you would be entitled to under the personal possessions section of your travel insurance policy. You should always check to see if the amount provided by your insurer for personal and hired equipment, matches the value of the equipment you're using, before you think about purchasing the policy.
Facing piste closures on a snowboarding holiday is perhaps one of the most frustrating things, and you don't want to make this worse by having no provision for compensation. A good snowboarding insurance policy will include protection against piste closure, allowing you to claim a set payment for every 24hrs that the piste remains closed.
If the pistes of your chosen resort remain closed and you end up having to snow board at a different resort, you can receive a payment of up to £10 per day for all reasonable travel costs and lift pass charges you have to pay. If there is no available alternative and you lose snowboarding days, then you can receive up to £20 for each full snowboarding day lost.
Annual snowboard insurance
Frequent travellers can benefit from a Holiday Extras annual travel policy, which offers the same level of protection as Single Trip policies but for multiple trips over the course of a year. You can then add up to 45 days of Winter Sports cover to your policy(with Platinum cover) to ensure that you are protected during your snowboarding trips.
I have an EHIC card, do I still need snowboarding travel insurance?
More and more snow boarders are going on holiday without proper travel insurance, thinking that their EHIC card will be enough to cover them. EHIC cards only cover emergency treatment in state run hospitals and do not cover for treatment from local clinics. This could present a problem, as the first port of call for paramedics at a ski resort is usually the local clinic, treatment from which, the EHIC card does not cover.
Neither does the EHIC card cover the cost of getting you off the mountain or repatriating you back to the UK, should you need it. Just by taking a little time to choose a proper travel insurance policy, you could be saving yourself a lot of money and stress.
Off-piste Snowboarding insurance
Some love the challenge of snowboarding 'off-piste', savouring the hunt for that prized, untouched snow. While this is a great way to test out your skills, it's important to make sure you're actually covered for snowboarding off-piste. Provided you're skiing with a guide, you can select one of our winter sports add-ons and choose Extra Activity Pack 3 to ensure you are covered for off-piste snowboarding, in recognised and authorised areas. To avoid invalidating your winter sports cover, you'll need to stick to the ski patrol guide lines, avoiding high risk areas and paying attention to weather warnings. For more information on off-piste winter sports activity, visit our off-piste skiing off-piste skiing page.
Snowboarding insurance with pre-existing medical conditions
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you shouldn't let this hold you back from getting snowboard holiday insurance with us. When booking your snowboard insurance, simply declare any medical conditions you may have, and we can tailor a policy specially suited to your needs.
Snowboarding further information
If you're looking to get the most out of your snowboarding holiday, look no further than our top tips.
- Choosing the right snowboarding gear
- To ski or to snowboard?
- Top snowboarding resorts
- Travelling with snowboard equipment
† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour emergency assistance service for help and advice, before treatment where possible. Full details can be found in the policy wording.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.