Cycling Travel Insurance
Rather than spending an age hunting for a specialist cycle insurance policy, book your travel insurance with Holiday Extras and save time and money. All you need to do is book once, and you'll have a policy that covers you for cycling and all the other essentials.
Whether you're touring through the countryside or challenging the Yungas road, getting a specific sports travel insurance policy should be a priority. Please note: our travel insurance policies do not offer cover for competitive sports or any sporting competitions
Compare cycling travel insurance cover levels
Cycling insurance with medical conditions
Having medical conditions shouldn't stop you from enjoying your cycling holiday. At Holiday Extras we provide travel insurance policies tailored to meet your needs. We will consider all pre-existing medical conditions and proudly offer cover for the majority of conditions. For more information on obtaining travel insurance with medical conditions, visit the travel insurance with medical conditions page.
How to book your cycling travel insurance
Booking travel insurance for a cycling holiday with Holiday Extras couldn't be easier:
- Select 'Get a Quote' on the homepage and enter your destination into the 'country you're travelling to' box.
- Fill in the traveller details
- Choose from either our Bronze, Silver or Gold cover options along with any add-ons you may want.
Family cycling holiday insurance
It may be that you're taking the whole family on a cycling holiday, in which case you will want to have everyone insured. Take a look at our family travel insurance page for more information on getting cover for everyone. If you're interested in finding some of the best cycling holidays in Europe, check out this informative article written in the Guardian.
How to make a claim on your cycling insurance
Here's what you'll need before making a claim:
- Proof of ownership - We will need to verify your ownership before we can help, so make sure you have such evidence to hand. Suitable evidence would typically be a receipt detailing your purchase of the bike.
- Police report - Make sure you obtain a police report within 24 hours of the incident.
With our extra activities sports policy you're covered for search and rescue, should you find yourself stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Holiday Extras' top tips for cycling
- Always wear protective head gear and clothing when cycling. Riding without a helmet will invalidate your claim.
- Always securely lock your bike when you're not using it and don't leave it unattended for long periods of time.
- Don't put yourself at unnecessary risk.
- Pay attention to local advice when riding in rural areas.
- Failing to follow any one of these basic steps could potentially invalidate your claim.
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 13436330 and whose registered office address is 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3M 5BN. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 955859. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting; register.fca.org.uk or by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority on 0800 111 6768.