Loading, please wait...
Cycling Travel Insurance from just *
Rather than spending an age hunting for a specialist cycle insurance policy, book your travel insurance with Holiday Extras and save time and money. All you need to do is book once, and you'll have a policy that covers you for cycling and all the other essentials.
Please note: our travel insurance policies do not offer cover for competitive sports or any sporting competitions
Why choose Holiday Extras' specialist cycling insurance
- Cover for lost or stolen sports equipment up to £1000
- Cover for medical emergencies and treatment up to £10 million
- Cover for cycle touring, leisure biking, mountain biking and... even unicycle riding!
- Under our Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum policies, you are automatically covered for cycling up to 1,000m.
Compare cycling travel insurance cover levels
Mountain bike insurance
If you're planning on a more extreme sport, like tackling the hairpin bends of the Maritime Alps, then you'll need a more specialised insurance policy. If you're planning on only cycling up 1,000m then this is already included in your policy as standard. However, for more challenging and high risk, extreme activities, you will need to arrange for an additional premium to your policy:
- If you plan on taking part in mountain biking up to 2,000m, you will need Extra Activity Pack 3.
- If you plan on taking part in mountain biking up to 3,000m, you will need Extra Activity Pack 4
Either book online or give our friendly, UK-based call centre a ring and our team will be happy to arrange the additional cover you need.
Cycling insurance with medical conditions
Having medical conditions shouldn't stop you from enjoying your cycling holiday. At Holiday Extras we provide travel insurance policies tailored to meet your needs. We will consider all pre-existing medical conditions and proudly offer cover for the majority of conditions. For more information on obtaining travel insurance with medical conditions, visit the travel insurance with medical conditions page.
How to book your cycling travel insurance
Booking travel insurance for a cycling holiday with Holiday Extras couldn't be easier:
- Select 'Get a Quote' on the homepage and enter your destination into the 'country you're travelling to' box.
- Fill in the traveller details
- Choose from either our Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum cover options along with any add-ons you may want.
Family cycling holiday insurance
It may be that you're taking the whole family on a cycling holiday, in which case you will want to have everyone insured. Take a look at our family travel insurance page for more information on getting cover for everyone. If you're interested in finding some of the best cycling holidays in Europe, check out this informative article written in the Guardian.
How to make a claim on your cycling insurance
With our Gold and Platinum level policies you can claim up to £1,000 if your bicycle is lost, stolen or damaged. When making a claim, bear in mind that the amount you can claim will depend on the real-time value of your bike at the time it was lost or stolen — not when you bought it 15 years ago!
Here's what you'll need before making a claim:
- Proof of ownership - We will need to verify your ownership before we can help, so make sure you have such evidence to hand. Suitable evidence would typically be a receipt detailing your purchase of the bike.
- Police report - Make sure you obtain a police report within 24 hours of the incident.
With our extra activities sports policy you're covered for search and rescue, should you find yourself stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Holiday Extras' top tips for cycling
- Always wear protective head gear and clothing when cycling. Riding without a helmet will invalidate your claim.
- Always securely lock your bike when you're not using it and don't leave it unattended for long periods of time.
- Don't put yourself at unnecessary risk.
- Pay attention to local advice when riding in rural areas.
- Failing to follow any one of these basic steps could potentially invalidate your claim.
If you'd like some more tips and advice on cycling routes and holidays, check out our other pages below:
- Going on an E-biking holiday
- A Guide to short cycling breaks
- Best cycling holiday trips
- Top tips for cycling abroad
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.