Cycling Travel Insurance
Rather than spending an age hunting for a specialist cycle insurance policy, book your travel insurance with Holiday Extras and save time and money. All you need to do is book once, and you'll have a policy that covers you for cycling and all the other essentials.
Whether you're touring through the countryside or challenging the Yungas road, getting a specific sports travel insurance policy should be a priority. Please note: our travel insurance policies do not offer cover for competitive sports or any sporting competitions
Compare cycling travel insurance cover levels
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
Cycling insurance with medical conditions
Having medical conditions shouldn't stop you from enjoying your cycling holiday. At Holiday Extras we provide travel insurance policies tailored to meet your needs. We will consider all pre-existing medical conditions and proudly offer cover for the majority of conditions. For more information on obtaining travel insurance with medical conditions, visit the travel insurance with medical conditions page.
How to book your cycling travel insurance
Booking travel insurance for a cycling holiday with Holiday Extras couldn't be easier:
- Select 'Get a Quote' on the homepage and enter your destination into the 'country you're travelling to' box.
- Fill in the traveller details
- Choose from either our Bronze, Silver or Gold cover options along with any add-ons you may want.
Family cycling holiday insurance
It may be that you're taking the whole family on a cycling holiday, in which case you will want to have everyone insured. Take a look at our family travel insurance page for more information on getting cover for everyone. If you're interested in finding some of the best cycling holidays in Europe, check out this informative article written in the Guardian.
How to make a claim on your cycling insurance
Here's what you'll need before making a claim:
- Proof of ownership - We will need to verify your ownership before we can help, so make sure you have such evidence to hand. Suitable evidence would typically be a receipt detailing your purchase of the bike.
- Police report - Make sure you obtain a police report within 24 hours of the incident.
With our extra activities sports policy you're covered for search and rescue, should you find yourself stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Holiday Extras' top tips for cycling
- Always wear protective head gear and clothing when cycling. Riding without a helmet will invalidate your claim.
- Always securely lock your bike when you're not using it and don't leave it unattended for long periods of time.
- Don't put yourself at unnecessary risk.
- Pay attention to local advice when riding in rural areas.
- Failing to follow any one of these basic steps could potentially invalidate your claim.
If you'd like some more tips and advice on cycling routes and holidays, check out our other pages below:
- Going on an E-biking holiday
- A Guide to short cycling breaks
- Best cycling holiday trips
- Top tips for cycling abroad
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.