Loading, please wait...
Does Travel Insurance Cover Festivals?
Going to a festival this year? You've got your tent, rollmat and an immeasurable amount of glitter sorted. Way before you do the all-important luggage checklist, finding a travel insurance policy should be on the cards! Now it might not necessarily strike you as a super-important factor to consider but when you think about it, a lot of money and anticipation is invested in attending a music or arts festival, so why should you lose out should something go terribly wrong?
Should you have to cancel your plans at the last minute, you miss your train, coach or flight (all for unforseen events beyond your control), having taken out a reliable insurance policy will be of immense comfort to you and your bank account! From our brilliant UK travel insurance to our European policies, there is something for everyone and every festival.
Cover for festivals abroad and in the UK
Our policies are designed with you in mind, with either a Single Trip or an Annual Multi-Trip policy, and then four levels of cover to pick from. We like to keep things simple, and our mission statement is to supply 'hassle-free' holidays for everyone. With our Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels of cover and optional added extras like Gadget cover, you can tailor your travel insurance policy to exactly what you need covered.
Have a browse at the table below for an idea of what you can expect from each level of cover:
Whether you're going to Glastonbury, Boomtown or Creamfields in the UK, or maybe you fancy being a bit continental and are going to Outlook, Hideout or Dekmantel in Europe, we have some great travel insurance policies to protect your festival holiday!
- Going to a UK-based music festival? Then look no further. Taking out our UK travel insurance is dead simple, with just one cover level: Bronze.
This is probably the big one, the reason you'd want to insure your festival frolic: the beloved and coveted mobile phone. Breaking — or worse, losing — your phone while secluded at a festival is probably enough to make most people wince their eyes with fear. Making sure your phone is secure and insured in case of any damage or loss will probably be at the top of most tech-loving people's list.
At Holiday Extras, we know how dependent everyone is on our phones. They connect us with our friends, family and letting us know what's going on in the world. For this reason, why not make sure you're covered in case something should happen to it while you're having a dance, walking through a muddy puddle or waiting for the coach. Our gadget cover is classed as an add-on and therefore you're able to select it as an additional level of cover on top of your policy.†
† Unfortunately, if you need emergency medical cover abroad, you are injured or have to cut your trip short, your policy will be invalid if the injury, accident or cancellation is caused while you are under the influence of non-prescribed drugs, solvents, or excessive alcohol consumption.
How to book or get a quote online
To book online or simply just to get a quote with your specific travel plans in mind, simply click below, and bear in mind the following bits of information:
Location: Where abouts are you going?
Dates: When will you be going, and how long for?
Money: The total cost of the festival, including travel?
Health: Any pre-existing medical conditions?
Book online with us today
Am I covered to go to more than one festival?
If you're attending two or more festivals within a year (lucky you, we're not jealous at all...), you might want to consider taking out an Annual Multi-Trip policy. Depending on where you're going, you might end up saving a few pennies compared to buying multiple Single Trip policies.
If you're still undecided, take a look at the table below to compare the pros and cons of a Single vs. Annual travel insurance policy:
|Your trip can last up to 365 days but must start and end in the UK to be entirely valid||Maximum trip duration varies depending on the policy: 22 days for Bronze, 31 days for Silver and Gold, 45 days for Platinum|
|Travel insurance must be bought on UK soil. So don't try to book a policy at the airport gate, on the runway or while abroad!||Groups can benefit from an annual policy and do not need to live together — that's just for our family policies!|
|Anyone any age can travel — even under 18s can travel alone||Under 18s must travel with an adult and you cannot travel on the policy if you are older than 79 years at the date of booking|
|With prices starting from just *||With prices starting from just|
5 top tips for attending a festival!
- Drink plenty of water!
- Bring a backpack or bum-bag to keep all of your valuables on your person
- Avoid bringing unnecessary valuables with you or leaving them in your tent
- Bring things like plasters and paracetamol — as well as any other prescribed medication you might be taking
- Even though your normal schedule will be disrupted, make sure to eat regular meals throughout the day
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
Holiday Extras' festival recommendations:
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.