Faster and smarter in the app... Open app

Does Travel Insurance Cover Festivals?

Going to a festival this year? You've got your tent, rollmat and an immeasurable amount of glitter sorted. Way before you do the all-important luggage checklist, finding a travel insurance policy should be on the cards! Now it might not necessarily strike you as a super-important factor to consider but when you think about it, a lot of money and anticipation is invested in attending a music or arts festival, so why should you lose out should something go terribly wrong?

Should you have to cancel your plans at the last minute, you miss your train, coach or flight (all unforseen events beyond your control), having taken out a reliable insurance policy will be of immense comfort to you and your bank account.


Cover for festivals abroad and in the UK

Our policies are designed with you in mind, with either a Single Trip or an Annual Multi-Trip policy, and then four levels of cover to pick from. We like to keep things simple, and our mission statement is to supply 'hassle-free' holidays for everyone. With our Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels of cover and optional added extras like Gadget cover, you can tailor your travel insurance policy to exactly what you need covered.

Have a browse at the table below for an idea of what you can expect from each level of cover:

Gadget Cover

Gadget Cover

This is probably the big one, the reason you'd want to insure your festival frolic: the beloved and coveted mobile phone. Breaking — or worse, losing — your phone while secluded at a festival is probably enough to make most people wince their eyes with fear. Making sure your phone is secure and insured in case of any damage or loss will probably be at the top of most tech-loving people's list.

At Holiday Extras, we know how important our phones are. They connect us with our friends, family and letting us know what's going on in the world. For this reason, why not make sure you're covered in case something should happen to it while you're having a dance, walking through a muddy puddle or waiting for the coach. Our gadget cover is classed as an add-on and therefore you're able to select it as an additional level of cover on top of your policy.†

How to book or get a quote online

To book online or simply just to get a quote with your specific travel plans in mind, simply click below, and bear in mind the following bits of information:

    Location: Where abouts are you going?

    Dates: When will you be going, and how long for?

    Money: The total cost of the festival, including travel?

    Health: Any pre-existing medical conditions?

Book online with us today

Glastonbury and Sonar Festivals

5 top tips for attending a festival!

  • Drink plenty of water!
  • Bring a backpack or bum-bag to keep all of your valuables on your person
  • Avoid bringing unnecessary valuables with you or leaving them in your tent
  • Bring things like plasters and paracetamol — as well as any other prescribed medication you might be taking
  • Even though your normal schedule will be disrupted, make sure to eat regular meals throughout the day

Why choose Holiday Extras?

  • - Voted best insurance provider 15 years running.
  • - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
  • - Over 40 years experience selling Travel Insurance.

Holiday Extras' festival recommendations:

UK festivals
European festivals
  • Blue Dot, Cheshire
  • Boomtown, Hampshire
  • Creamfields, Cheshire
  • Glastonbury Festival, Somerset
  • Kendal Calling, Cumbria
  • Latitude, Suffolk
  • Leeds Festival, W. Yorkshire
  • Reading Festival, Berkshire
  • We Are FSTVL, G. London
  • Benicàssim, Spain
  • Dekmantel, Netherlands
  • Outlook, Croatia
  • Primavera Sound, Spain
  • Roskilde, Denmark
  • Sonar, Spain
  • Sziget, Hungary
  • Tomorrowland, Belgium
  • Ultra Europe, Croatia
  • Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited, registered office address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Hythe, Kent CT21 4JF.

    Holiday Extras Cover Limited is an insurance intermediary authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 828848. You can check this by visiting the Financial Services Register

    Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited. The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 13436330 and whose registered office address is 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3M 5BN.

    Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 955859. You can check this by visiting the Financial Services Register