Does Travel Insurance Cover Festivals?
Going to a festival this year? You've got your tent, rollmat and an immeasurable amount of glitter sorted. Way before you do the all-important luggage checklist, finding a travel insurance policy should be on the cards! Now it might not necessarily strike you as a super-important factor to consider but when you think about it, a lot of money and anticipation is invested in attending a music or arts festival, so why should you lose out should something go terribly wrong?
Should you have to cancel your plans at the last minute, you miss your train, coach or flight (all unforseen events beyond your control), having taken out a reliable insurance policy will be of immense comfort to you and your bank account.
Cover for festivals abroad and in the UK
Our policies are designed with you in mind, with either a Single Trip or an Annual Multi-Trip policy, and then four levels of cover to pick from. We like to keep things simple, and our mission statement is to supply 'hassle-free' holidays for everyone. With our Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels of cover and optional added extras like Gadget cover, you can tailor your travel insurance policy to exactly what you need covered.
Have a browse at the table below for an idea of what you can expect from each level of cover:
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
This is probably the big one, the reason you'd want to insure your festival frolic: the beloved and coveted mobile phone. Breaking — or worse, losing — your phone while secluded at a festival is probably enough to make most people wince their eyes with fear. Making sure your phone is secure and insured in case of any damage or loss will probably be at the top of most tech-loving people's list.
At Holiday Extras, we know how important our phones are. They connect us with our friends, family and letting us know what's going on in the world. For this reason, why not make sure you're covered in case something should happen to it while you're having a dance, walking through a muddy puddle or waiting for the coach. Our gadget cover is classed as an add-on and therefore you're able to select it as an additional level of cover on top of your policy.†
How to book or get a quote online
To book online or simply just to get a quote with your specific travel plans in mind, simply click below, and bear in mind the following bits of information:
Location: Where abouts are you going?
Dates: When will you be going, and how long for?
Money: The total cost of the festival, including travel?
Health: Any pre-existing medical conditions?
Book online with us today
5 top tips for attending a festival!
- Drink plenty of water!
- Bring a backpack or bum-bag to keep all of your valuables on your person
- Avoid bringing unnecessary valuables with you or leaving them in your tent
- Bring things like plasters and paracetamol — as well as any other prescribed medication you might be taking
- Even though your normal schedule will be disrupted, make sure to eat regular meals throughout the day
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- - Voted best insurance provider 12 years running.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
Holiday Extras' festival recommendations:
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.