How we're keeping airport hotels safe after lockdown
20th July 2020
If you're planning your first trip after lockdown, you're probably wondering what will have changed since the last time you went to the airport. One of the things we're here to help with is keeping you safe when you stay in one of our airport hotels, so here's a quick rundown of all the ways we're working with our hotel parnters to make sure everything is covid-secure.
If you're catching a flight and need to travel to the airport, staying overnight in an airport hotel can often be the safest and most convenient way of doing so. Miss out the morning rush hour on the train by travelling up the day before, check into one of our covid-secure hotels and simply stroll onto your plane the next morning.
Our covid-secure promise
All of our hotel partners and providers are putting in place additional precautions to keep you safe from coronavirus when you travel. Wherever you see the "covid-secure" stamp on our website, that means we've been spoken to the hotel owners or management, asked to see the details of their covid-secure plan, checked it out and published the details in their product listing on our site. So you can book with confidence having reassured yourself that the airport hotel you'll be using has put in place the precautions that you want to see. That's our covid-secure promise.
We've reviewed the coronavirus precautions in place at some of our biggest hotel partners
We're auditing every single provider we use to make sure their covid-secure plans keep you safe - without creating additional costs or hassles for your trip.
Case study 1: Hilton hotels
Hilton operates some of our most popular airport hotels, including the Gatwick Hilton and the Hiltons at terminals 4 and 5 at Heathrow.
Hilton is now offering their new "CleanStay" programme to ensure every guest can tailor their stay to enjoy the level of cleaning and contact that's right for them.
- Housekeeping can be tailored by guests to offer the level of cleaning and contact for their room they're comfortable with
- All used items such as bedding and towels are replaced before guests arrive
- High-touch areas such as lightswitches, lamps and door handles are swabbed down with hospital-grade cleaner
- Once rooms are cleaned and verified, they're then sealed until the guests arrive
- Disinfectant stations with wipes and hand sanitiser are available throughout all of the hotels
- Check-in is contactless
Case study 2: Premier Inn
Premier Inn offers its new CleanProtect policy to keep guests, staff and public areas safe as travel resumes.
- Social distancing, perspex screens and hand sanitiser at receptions
- Anti-viricidal sanitising sprays
- High-touch areas in rooms such air conditioning controls, TV remotes and door handles given special attention
- Every team member is employed directly by the hotel and subject to covid awareness and prevention training
- Ben linen laundered at over 60 degrees
- Shower curtains replaced after use
- All team members provided with approved PPE
Book your holiday extras early
It pays to book your airport parking, airport hotel or your lounge as soon as you book your flights. Prices usually go up nearer the date you fly, and last year Holiday Extras saved our airport parking customers £100 each on average when they pre-booked their airport parking instead of paying on the day.Book my hotel and parking today
Case study 3: IHG
IHG is one of the largest hotel brands in the world, operating airport hotels such as the Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza and Staybridge. IHG operates the Clean Promise at all its properties
- Social distancing procedures and signage
- Updated team certification and training, including provision of PPE
- Sanitiser stations available at high-touch points throughout the hotels
- Individual guest amenity cleaning kits available
More help and support
We're here to help you travel safely and securely through this difficult time.
If you'd like more information about the impact the coronavirus is having on travel, and links to government and NHS advice on how to stay safe, please visit our coronavirus help and support page for UK travellers.
Planning your first trip after lockdown? Here are our recommendations for a hassle-free trip!