Choosing between Single Trip vs. Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance
Can't make up your mind about which type of policy to take out? We don't blame you. There's so much talk about what policy you should get, which one's best, or saves you the most money. It can be very overwhelming when all you want to do is relax on your holiday. What we want to do is draw up a comparison between taking out a Single Trip travel insurance policy or an Annual Multi-Trip policy to make life that bit easier for you.
At the end of the day, you need to consider what is best for you and your travel plans. We adopt a "hassle-free" approach to just about everything, and especially when it comes to helping you pick the right insurance policy, keeping things as straightforward and transparent as possible.
For both our Single and Annual policies you get exactly the same cover, the only difference is the varying eligibility between the two.
Comparing policy cover levels
When you book one of our travel insurance policies you'll be able to choose from 4 levels of varying cover:
Policy wording on Single vs. Annual
Regardless of whether you book a Single or Annual Multi-Trip policy, your level of cover will be exactly the same. What is different is the eligibility criteria between the 2 policies.
- Your trip can last up to 365 days but must start and end in the UK to be entirely valid.
- You have to buy your travel insurance policy while on UK soil for it to be valid and once you pass through security you are technically no longer in the UK. So just a head's up: don't try to book a policy at the airport gate, on the runway or while abroad!
- All ages are accepted on single trip policies, however, age limits apply for cruise policies.
- Under 18s can travel alone on a single trip policy.
- If you're adding car-hire excess your trip cannot exceed 94 consecutive days.
- For Single-Trip Cruise policies, please visit our Cruise cover page for more information.
- Maximum trip duration varies depending on the policy: 22 consecutive days for Bronze, 31 consecutive days for Silver and Gold and 45 consecutive days for Platinum.
- Groups can benefit from an annual policy and they are not required to live together nor travel together — that's just for family policies!
- Under 18s cannot travel independently and must travel with an adult.
- Upper age restrictions apply on Annual Multi-Trip: you cannot be over 79 years of age at the date of booking
- Annual policies can be purchased a maximum 60 days in advance of the start date of your trip. This way you'll all be set for summer holidays.
- If you're adding car-hire excess your trip cannot exceed 62 consecutive days
- There is a maximum of 2 adults on an Annual policy
- For Annual Multi-Trip Cruise policies, please visit our Cruise cover page for more information.
Things to consider
It's often said that if you're planning on going on holiday more than once in a year, an Annual Multi-Trip policy is often the best to pick. Depending on what criteria you need your insurance to meet, we recommend researching the benefits between an Annual Multi-Trip policy and a Single Trip policy. Before making a decision you will need to base your research on where you will be travelling to and what type of holiday you plan for each trip.
How to book online
To book online, or simply just to get a quote with your specific travel plans in mind, simply click below and bear in mind the following bits of information:
- Location: Where abouts are you going?
- Dates: When will you be going/how long for?
- Money: The total cost of your holiday?
- Health: Any pre-existing medical conditions?
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.*
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.