Fiji Airways is the countrys official flag carrier, partly owned by the Fijian Government and responsible for both domestic and international flights. Their fleet carries over a million passengers each year, providing an impressively wide service for one of the relatively smaller global airlines. Its no wonder that Fiji Airways was recently named one of the top ten small airlines in the world by Conde Nast Traveler.
The airlines schedule of 400 weekly flights takes holidaymakers and business flyers out to 15 cities in ten countries. Destinations include Australia and New Zealand, Japan, the United States of America and the Cook Islands. Fiji Airways is in the process of replacing the Boeing portion of their fleet with new Airbuses, and is strongly involved in boosting the countrys tourism with promotions and more flights.
Fiji Airways - Fijian dedication and commitment
- Founded by a British aviation expert in 1951 with domestic flights
- The airline has always had a wider variety of planes than its competitors
- Pioneered the use of code sharing with Qantas, a system now used worldwide
- They started offering their first international flights to America in 1983
- Agreed one of the first contracts for shared leasing of aircrafts in 1995, with what was then known as Royal Tongan Airlines
- Business Class offers three-course meals and a selection of wines
- The next planes to join their fleet will use Rolls-Royce engines
The maximum weight of baggage on both domestic and international flights is standardised across both classes. Passengers in Business Class are allowed 10kg extra over those in Economy.
Travelling in Economy Class gives you up to 32 inches of space around your seat to stretch out and relax. Business Class seats have individual screens and personal space of up to 60 inches.
Members of the airlines Tabua Club enjoy priority reservations, premium check-in, upgrade credits and the use of the Fiji Airways lounge at selected international airports.
Fiji Airways - from a domestic airline to Fijis national flag carrier
Fiji Airways started life as the internal flight provider for Air Pacific in Fiji. Today, its a respected international airline that represents the country worldwide. The company offers all of the services and benefits that youd expect from a much larger global airline, including exclusive airport lounges, club membership and frequent flyer rewards.