Find the quickest route to Edinburgh Airport with Waze
Driving to Edinburgh? Get real-time driving directions from live traffic data provided by drivers on the road.
Driving to Edinburgh Airport? The airport is just 5 minutes from the M9, one of Scotland's main motorways, making it accessible from all areas of the country. The airport is about 20 minutes from Edinburgh city centre, and is located close to the M8 and the A8.
What is the postcode for Edinburgh Airport?
Postcode: EH12 9DN
Edinburgh Airport's address is:
Driving from the South?
- Take the M6 north
- Take A74 then A74M signposted Scotland, Dumfries, Stranraer
- Leave at Junction 13
- Take A702 signposted Edinburgh
- Join A720, at first exit take A8 signposted Edinburgh airport
Driving from North / North West?
- Take the A90/ M90 South
- Follow signs for Edinburgh Airport
Travelling from East?
- Take the A8 west
- Take A803 join M8 signposted Stirling, Carlisle, Edinburgh
- Follow A8 then rejoin M8 at Junction 6
- At junction 2 join M9
- Leave Junction 1 take A8 signposted for the airport
How early should you arrive at Edinburgh?
It's advisable that you arrive at least two hours before your flight to allow for plenty of time to check-in and pass-through security. Gain valuable extra time and skip the airport queues with a handy fast track pass.
Download the Waze App
Find the best route to Edinburgh Airport by downloading the Waze app straight to your smartphone, available on Android or iPhone.
Top 5 reasons to download the Waze app today
- Find out the quickest route before you start driving
- See real-time road conditions & get traffic alerts along the way
- Drive safely to the airport & avoid unexpected fines with an integrated speedometer
- Arrive at the airport on time with a reliable ETA that updates in real-time
- Discover the cheapest fuel & petrol stations on the way to Edinburgh Airport