Away from the airport, but not off the map
The Stansted Warmans Barn is less than 5 miles from the centre of the airport and its just a 10-minute drive to the terminal; still, youll be surprised by how quaint and peaceful the area is.
If youre arriving by car: If you're coming from the south, leave the M11 at junction 8a; if you're coming from the north, leave the M11 at junction 8, and head towards Stansted airport. At the first roundabout, turn left and follow signs for the Long Stay car park. Go straight on at the second and third roundabouts, then youll see the Long Stay car park on your left. Keep going straight on for about 2 miles until you reach Burton End. Youll see the Ash pub on your left first, then Warmans Barn immediately after on the right. Turn into the Ash car park and choose a space. Go to the pub to check in and youll be led over to your room.
If youre coming by public transport: A taxi to the hotel from Stansted airport will cost around £22. If you speak to the hotel before your arrival, they may be able to book you a taxi with a firm that only charges £12. In the morning, the hotel can take you to the airport itself, on request, between 4am and 6pm, for £4 per person, but they are not licensed to pick you up from the airport when you return.
The Ash Barn Annex AddressThe Ash Barn Annex,
- At the Priory Wood Roundabout, take the first exit for Round Coppice Road.
- Take the first exit at the next roundabout, and the second exit at the next.
- Follow the road as it changes to Bury Lodge Lane.
- Continue until you see the Ash pub on your right. The hotel will be directly opposite.
- If you're coming by public transport, a taxi from the airport will cost around £20.