Hampton Court Palace with Hotel Stay
Coming Soon in 2021 - Immerse yourself in the world of the Tudor court with this spectacular day out and enjoy a convenient night's stay at a top hotel!
Holiday Extras have teamed up with Attraction World to offer an impressive package of tickets to Hampton Court Palace combined with a nearby hotel stay. Whether you're looking for the perfect city break near London, are a history-fan or green-fingered garden enthusiast this could be the ideal short break for you. Discover the spectacular baroque palace built for William III and Mary II, as you experience the public dramas and private lives of Henry VIII, his wives and children in the world of the Tudor court.
Step in Henry's shoes as you stroll through the magnificent Great Hall that sits at the heart of the Palace and also discover the largest kitchen's of Tudor England which would produce over 800 meals a day for the court. Additionally, explore the incredible outdoor spaces, including 60 acres of world-famous formal gardens. Then spend the evening unwinding at a nearby top hotel, with a delicious hotel breakfast included the next morning. Enjoy all of these experiences parcelled up in the one perfect staycation package.
- Tickets to Hampton Court Palace (worth £25.30 per person) which includes entry to:
- - All open public areas of the palace
- - The gardens, the courtyards, the Maze, and the Magic Garden
A night at a top hotel nearby
A delectable breakfast to set you up for the day
Hampton Court Palace FAQ's
Here are some of the most popular questions asked about Hampton Court Palace, to help with your short break plans and making a booking.
Who owns Hampton Court Palace?
Hampton Court Palace is a Royal Palace and is currently in the possession of Queen Elizabeth II and the Crown.
How big is Hampton Court Palace?
Hampton Court Palace is a grand Tudor Palace with over 1390 rooms, set in 60 acres of magisterial formal gardens and 750 acres (304 hectares) of parkland. These are all set within a loop of the River Thames.
Where is Hampton Court Palace?
Hampton Court Palace is in Surrey, in the Greater London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. 12 miles south west and upstream of Central London on the River Thames.
Hampton Court Palace
How long does it take to tour Hampton Court Palace?
It's recommended you spend at least 3 hours touring Hampton Court. During this time you can enjoy the exciting Tudor and the Baroque Experience, which includes the following itinerary:
- Henry VIII's Apartments and his Crown (20 minutes) - Sit on a throne in England's last great medieval hall, before you walk through the infamous Haunted Gallery.
- Tudor Kitchens (20 minutes) - Discover the epitome of royal cooking and entertainment at its heyday.
- The Chapel Royal (10 minutes) - Visit where kings and queens have worshipped for almost 500 years.
- Young Henry VIII Exhibition (20 minutes) - Meet the dashing 6ft 2'' slim and athletic Henry VIII, with a penchant for jousting.
- William III's Apartments (35 minutes) - Enjoy the beautiful State Apartments and private rooms of William III.
- The Georgian Story (25 minutes) - Discover the stage upon which George I and his son George II played out their bitter rivalry.
- The Baroque Story (15 minutes) - Watch the Baroque Story film.
- Chocolate Kitchens (10 minutes) - Built by Christopher Wren in about 1680, and re-opened in 2014 after almost 300 years, check out the luxurious Chocolate kitchens.
How far is Hampton Court Palace from London?
Hampton Court train station is located a five-minute walk from the Palace. National Rail train services run from London Waterloo Station every 30 minutes with just over half an hours train journey time. Bus ride services are also available from Kingston, with just under 10 minutes journey time, and Richmond with a duration of approximately 39 minutes by bus, or 15 minutes by taxi. Driving from London to Hampton Court could take considerably longer, depending on which part of London you're travelling from.
Where to stay at Hampton Court Palace?
If you book your Hampton Court Palace tickets with a hotel stay package with Holiday Extras and Attraction World, there are several top hotels to choose from nearby. Coming Soon in 2021.
What are Hampton Court Palace's opening times?
The opening days and hours vary. There is a limit to the number of tickets available per day to ensure Hampton Court Palace complies with social distancing guidelines. Please pre-book your ticket and arrival time slot online before you visit. Time slots for entry are available in the morning or afternoon.
Summer (31st March - 5th September) opening times from 19th July -
- Daily: 10am - 5.30pm (last slot 3.30pm)
- Last admission: 4pm (3.30pm slot).
Winter (6th September - 31st March)
Under 5s go free and do not need a ticket.
Are Hampton Court's gardens open all year round?
The gardens are open at different times throughout the year, depending on the opening times. The gardens are closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Home Park is open all year round. There may be occasions where the gardens and parks are closed for specific events or, in the case of inclement weather, they will be closed for safety reasons.
Are Hampton Court Palace Magic Gardens free?
You will need an admission ticket for Hampton Court Palace Magic Gardens. The ability to access the Magic Garden will be included in your Hampton Court Palace with hotel stay package. Please note: Access to the Magic Garden is on a strictly first come, first served basis and queuing is highly likely during peak periods. Dogs are not permitted within the palace gardens unless they are registered assistance dogs.
*Please note this is a non-flexible booking package.
More attraction and hotel packages and deals are coming in 2021.