Everything you need to know about travel insurance
With more than 30 years' experience selling travel insurance, half a million policies sold every year and as the winner of Globe's Best Insurance Provider for 12 years running, it's safe to say we know a thing or two about travel insurance here at Holiday Extras.
What are my options for travel insurance?
Whether you're travelling to Europe or going further afield, we have you covered. You can choose from a single trip policy, or an annual policy which will cover you for multiple trips in one year. We've put together four levels of cover that can be tailored to your individual needs:
And with over 99% of common conditions covered, we are able to offer policies for the majority of pre-existing medical conditions, with all medical conditions being considered. For extra peace of mind, we have additional cover options available too which can be added to your policy:
- Winter sports
Most policies won't cover you for winter sports, so make sure you and your equipment are protected fully.
- Gadget cover
Make sure all of your gadgets are just as protected as you. There are different cover levels to choose from, depending on the value of your items.
- Extra activity cover
Ideal for thrill-seekers. Whether you're quad biking or ziplining, we will cover your activity.
- Denial of boarding
No need to worry - we'll cover you if you're denied boarding your flight because of a suspected case of Covid-19.
I need to cancel my policy
If you booked the policy in the last 14 days you can cancel online. To receive a full refund you must be within 14 days of the cooling off period and you must have no claims pending on the policy.
If you're outside of the 14 days fill out this form with the details of your policy. We will get back to you once we've actioned your request.
Our travel insurance coverage is based on the latest Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice and is not impacted by the government's traffic light system. Make sure you always refer to the latest FCDO advice to ensure your policy isn't affected. If you are travelling to a country which has a FCDO warning take a look at our partner battleface as you may need a specialist insurance provider.
I need to amend my policy
Fill out this form with the details of your policy and we'll get back to you once we've actioned your request.
I need to make a claim
If you need more information on what you can and can���t claim for, take a look at our policy booklet page.
What if I need to go back and make a change?
You can, with Flextras. Flextras gives you maximum flexibility, so that if your plans have to change, you don't have to worry.
What does Flextras Freedom mean?
We've been working hard to ensure that if you buy your holiday extras from Holiday Extras, you'll be getting the most flexible terms anywhere. The most flexible extras. Anywhere. Bar none.
We understand that after all the surprises of 2020 (and a few at the start of this year too), no-one wants to book a travel product they can't easily amend or cancel. That's why if you book a single trip travel insurance with us for a trip starting in 2021, it's easy and free to change the trip to 2022.
Enhanced Covid cover
While travel restrictions are slowly lifting, we understand that this is still an unpredictable time. As such, peace of mind is of the utmost importance. That's why our enhanced Covid policy has you covered for the following:
- Cancellation if you or anyone insured on your policy contracts Covid-19 prior to travelling and receives a positive test within 14 days prior to the travel start date.
- Cancellation if you, anyone insured on this policy, or a household member had to isolate at home due to Covid-19.
- Abandonment cover if you, or anyone insured on this policy were denied boarding by your transport provider on the outward journey of your trip due to having or being suspected of having an infectious disease including Covid-19 (Platinum policies only or optional extra).
- Curtailment if the customer or their travel companion were diagnosed with an infectious disease during their trip (including contracting Covid-19).
- Up to £10,000,000 if you require emergency medical treatment abroad.
- Cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if you are discharged from hospital but medically unable to return home immediately.
- Costs for one other person to stay with you, or to travel to you from the UK and accompany you home.
- Travel costs to or from a hospital relating to your admission, discharge or attendance for outpatient treatment.
- Travel costs to and from appointments, or for the collection of medication prescribed for you by the hospital and the cost of additional food and drink.
- Cover for additional accommodation and/or return transportation if you are denied boarding your return flight due to having or being suspected of having Covid-19 (Platinum policies only or optional extra).
Available on Gold, Platinum, Gold Cruise, Cruise Medical and Staycation travel insurance unless otherwise stated.
We're here to help you book insurance
We've loaded this page with the questions most commonly asked. Most people find what they need to continue on their way from here.
If you still need help, start a chat with us and we???ll get you the help you need in seconds. Smart, fast and personal.