Everything you need to know about travel insurance
With more than 30 years' experience selling travel insurance, half a million policies sold every year and as the winner of Globe's Best Insurance Provider for 12 years running, it's safe to say we know a thing or two about travel insurance here at Holiday Extras.
What are my options for travel insurance?
Whether you're travelling to Europe or going further afield, we have you covered. You can choose from a single trip policy, or an annual policy which will cover you for multiple trips in one year. We've put together four levels of cover that can be tailored to your individual needs:
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
And with over 99% of common conditions covered, we are able to offer policies for the majority of pre-existing medical conditions, with all medical conditions being considered. For extra peace of mind, we have additional cover options available too which can be added to your policy:
- Winter sports
Most policies won't cover you for winter sports, so make sure you and your equipment are protected fully.
- Gadget cover
Make sure all of your gadgets are just as protected as you. There are different cover levels to choose from, depending on the value of your items.
- Extra activity cover
Ideal for thrill-seekers. Whether you're quad biking or ziplining, we will cover your activity.
I need to cancel my policy
If you booked the policy in the last 14 days you can cancel online. To receive a full refund you must be within 14 days of the cooling off period and you must have no claims pending on the policy.
If you're outside of the 14 days fill out this form with the details of your policy. We will get back to you once we've actioned your request.
Our travel insurance coverage is based on the latest Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice and is not impacted by the government's traffic light system. Make sure you always refer to the latest FCDO advice to ensure your policy isn't affected.
I need to amend my policy
Fill out this form with the details of your policy and we'll get back to you once we've actioned your request.
I need to make a claim
If you need more information on what you can and can't claim for, take a look at our policy booklet page.
Travel Insurance with COVID-19 cover
While travel restrictions are beginning to lift, we understand that this is still an unpredictable time. That's why at Holiday Extras, we offer travel insurance that provides COVID-19 cover on our Bronze, Silver and Gold policies as standard for specific events. As such, you are insured for the following:
- If the insured, their relative, a member of their household or travelling companion contract COVID-19 within 14 days of the booked departure date.
- If the insured is denied boarding on pre-booked outward travel due to contracting COVID-19 following a medically approved test or having a confirmed temperature above 38.C.
- Death of a relative or member of the insured's household as a result of COVID-19.
- Hospitalisation of a relative or member of insured's household requiring treatment with mechanical ventilation as a result of COVID-19.
Medical & Repatriation Expenses:
- Cover for medical costs for any treatment and associated expenses required abroad as a result of contracting COVID-19 following a medically approved test (up to £15m), as long as they have not travelled against the advice of the FCDO*.
Enhanced COVID-19 protect
If you're looking for an increased level of cover, you can add our optional enhanced COVID-19 protect to your policy, including cover for:
- Cover if customers wish to travel against the advice of the FCDO providing the advice is against "all but essential travel" solely as a result of COVID-19 and no other factors. Only applicable for holidays within Europe.
- Cover for cancellation as a result of being contacted by NHS Test & Trace due to coming into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and needing to self isolate, preventing the insured from making the outward journey.
- Cancellation as a result of experiencing an adverse reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine within 14 days of departure resulting in the insured being unfit to travel as confirmed by a medical practitioner.
- The insured being unable to complete their COVID-19 vaccination course before the scheduled departure date as a result of unforeseen illness.