Terms and conditions - theatre breaks
We care about making your visit to the West End as straightforward and enjoyable as possible. Thats why it is important to us to make sure that you find exactly what you are looking for and that we provide you with everything you need to know about our products before you buy.
Once your theatre and hotel package has been confirmed, we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with the following booking conditions as an organiser under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
1. Making your booking
The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made.
All bookings must be made online via the website (www.holidayextras.co.uk/theatre-breaks), by calling our Customer Experience Team or through one of our approved affiliates or partners.
At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm this to you and provide you confirmation by email. Please print and keep this confirmation email as it must be exchanged for theatre tickets at your chosen theatre box office.
Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
Full payment is required at the time of booking. Credit card payments and debit card bookings do not accrue a surcharge.
We do not currently accept American Express.
Please note: Holiday Extras Short Breaks uses the merchant ID "HX SHORT BREAKS". Once you have made your booking and payment has been taken from your account, "HX SHORT BREAKS" will appear on your bank account statement alongside the amount taken for your booking.
3. Your contract
A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference and/or our Customer Experience Team give you a confirmation reference over the telephone. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law.
4. The cost of your theatre break
All our prices include VAT and are constantly updated so we can give you the best deal available at the time. Since we offer some fantastic rates, a price we've quoted may go up or down if you come back to book later. Make sure you book the package you want when you see it, so we can guarantee you'll pay what we've offered.
The price of your chosen package will be confirmed at the time of booking.
The advertised saving of up to 50% when including rail travel refers to the rail portion of your theatre break only.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error.
A total price of your chosen break will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not.
All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT at the current rate of 20%.
Payment is always taken in Great British Pounds Sterling (Â£).
5. Cancellation / Amendments by you
All of our packages are non-cancellable, non-refundable and non-amendable. However, we are able to change the names on your booking up until 3 days before your stay date. Just call our friendly Customer Experience team on 0800 093 2547.
6. Changes and cancellation by us
Occasionally, we have to make changes and correct errors on our websites and brochures. We may also amend other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so.
Occasionally, we have to make a significant change. Significant changes include the following when made before your stay date:
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard
- A change of accommodation area
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before your stay date, we will offer you a choice of the following options:
- (a) accepting the changed arrangements; or
- (b) purchasing an alternative theatre break from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. If the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference, but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more or
- (c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation, in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will pay you compensation (up to a maximum of Â£20 per person) where appropriate, subject to the following exceptions:
- Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care.
- No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time).
In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options and, where applicable, compensation. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
7. Force majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
8. Our liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that all parts of the break we have agreed to arrange, perform or provide as part of our contract with you are arranged, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. We will accept responsibility if any death, personal injury, failure or deficiency of your arrangements is caused by any fault of ours, or our agents or suppliers. When we talk about fault above, this means failure by ourselves or our agents or suppliers (as applicable) to use reasonable skill and care in performing or providing the service in question. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim.
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your break which we could not have predicted or avoided or an event or circumstance which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care (see clause 8) the fault of anyone who is not carrying out work for us (generally or in particular) at the time.
- In addition, we will not be responsible where you do not enjoy your break or suffer any problems because of a reason you did not tell us about when you booked your break or where any problems you suffer did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves or, if you have booked a package from us and we were responsible for them, our suppliers or agents or where any losses, expenses, costs or other sum you have suffered relate to any business.
- We also cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(3) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract - and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred if not the UK - will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK.
Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and off the transport concerned) provided by any rail carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier or hotel keeper concerned would have to pay under the international convention which applies to the travel arrangements or hotel stay in question. Please note: Where a carrier or hotel would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable International Convention or Regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
(4) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 10 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
9. Complaints and problems
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your break whilst away, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the supplier as soon as possible. If you are still dissatisfied, you must notify us at the earliest opportunity. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it.
If you remain dissatisfied, however, you must write to our Customer Care Team within 28 days of the end of the break you have purchased from us, giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
10. Your responsibilities
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of a theatre break.
11. Conditions of suppliers
Many of the services which make up your break are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 8 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
12. Special requests and medical problems
If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
13. Allergies and special dietary requirements
If you have chosen a pre-theatre meal as part of your package, it is your responsibility to let the restaurant know of any food allergies or other dietary requirements.
14. Disabilities and medical conditions
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your break, please tell us before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
15. Financial security
For all theatre and hotel packages we operate a trust account. This arrangement means your money will be refunded in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
16. Call monitoring and recording
As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
17. Directions/Ticket Collection
Ticket collection: Please ensure you leave plenty of time to collect your theatre tickets. We strongly recommend you arrive at the theatre AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE. Tickets can be collected from your theatre Box Office up to 1 hour before the show start time. Late arrivals may not be permitted access to the theatre; we cannot accept any liability for you missing your show. Please ensure you have a print out of your confirmation email to exchange for your theatre tickets.
18. Cast members
We are unable to guarantee the appearance of individual cast members in any given performance. As soon as we receive notice that a cast member will not perform on specific dates we will publish these on our website.
19. Overnight parking
Please contact the hotel directly to be advised of the most suitable parking arrangements for your stay and the associated parking charges. Parking is not included in the cost of your theatre break. Please remember you may need to pay the London Congestion Charge if you drive into central London.
20. Holiday Extras star ratings
All hotel star ratings in Holiday Extras literature are Holiday Extras own ratings and are based on the following:
Any official rating awarded to the hotel, for example: AA Stars, RAC Stars and ETB Crowns will be considered, but they would not translate directly into the equivalent number of Holiday Extras stars.
If a hotel does not hold an official rating, we evaluate it on a similar basis to most official scheme operators.
In both of the above cases, when giving our rating we also consider:
Feedback we have received from our customers.
Feedback from our own regular visits to the hotels, both on business & as customers.
21. Standard rooms
All rooms offer a private bathroom with shower and in some cases a bath (unless otherwise stated).
Breakfast is included with all theatre break packages unless otherwise stated.
23. Leisure facilities
Leisure facilities may be charged for and admission restricted for children.
24. Alarm calls
As hotels do not take responsibility for alarm calls we suggest you take a travel alarm.
26. Pre-authorisation at hotel
Please be aware that most hotels will ask you for a credit or debit card against which they can pre-authorise an amount in respect of any extras or other expenses charged to the room. The amount pre-authorised is at the discretion of the hotel and varies widely. In the event that any charges are payable, you will be free to pay for these either with the pre-authorised card or by any other acceptable means.
25. Theatre breaks by rail
Rail travel to London is only available as a destination when issued as part of a hotel stay and theatre package.
Infants and children under the age of 5 travel free of charge. Children aged 5-15 travel free with every full fare paying adult. There must be a minimum of 2 full-fare paying passengers per booking, traveling on a return journey (no one way fares available). All passengers must travel together. Single rooms with travel are not available unless booked with a twin/double.
Tickets are valid for 1 month from the date printed on them.
Customers may be asked to show documentation relating to their theatre break package to train operating company staff.
Low season excludes some holiday dates. If the outward or inward journey falls on a high season date, the high season price applies.
All tickets are subject to the standard conditions of the carrier.
Underground travel is not included with rail tickets unless otherwise stated on your ticket or if you have purchased an Oyster Card from us.
For up-to-date information on timetables and journeys, please call: National Rail Enquiries 08457 484950 or visit www.railtrack.com
28. Seat Selection
Whilst the theatre will endeavour to honour your selection this may not always be possible, if this is the case you will be offered seats of the same or increased value.
26. Price Guarantee
If, within 24 hours of booking you find the same package for less then we will match the price and refund the difference, but the package must be the same in every respect, for example the same type of room at the same hotel, on the same board package and the same class of theatre tickets. Offers dependent on the purchase of other items are excluded and the elements comprising the package must be purchased from one supplier for a single purchase price, and not as separate elements.
27. Distances between products
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that all our distances between products are accurate and up to date we rely on this information from a third party. As a result we cannot be accountable for any inaccuracies in the information.
Holiday Extras Limited, Newingreen, Hythe, Kent CT21 4JF Contact us regarding Theatre and Hotel Packages on Email: Â [email protected] Telephone: 0800 093 2547 quoting WW059 (or from outside the UK on +44 1303 816125)