Loading, please wait...
Get dependable travel insurance for the Philippines from only *
Known for paradisaic sun-soaked beaches, exotic wildlife and bustling cities, the Philippines make for an incredible holiday destination. To really get the most out of your trip, it's important to arrange appropriate travel insurance for the Philippines before setting off.
Compare travel insurance cover levels
You can choose from four levels of cover for your trip to the Philippines. Here's what to can expect from each level of cover:
Choosing travel insurance for the Philippines
When deciding on the kind of travel insurance policy you need for your trip to the Philippines, its important to consider more than just the basic cover levels. Do you have any special activities planned that might require extra cover? Are you travelling solo or in a large group? Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions? These and other questions are important to consider when making a booking.
The Philippines being a popular destination for surfing and rafting, you may well want to try out some of these watersports during your holiday. At Holiday Extras, we provide cover for a number of watersports included as standard within the policy. For more information on which sports are covered without extra cost, and which may require a premium, check out our sports travel insurance page.
Extra Sports cover
The diverse geography of the Philippines has made it a popular destination for adventure sports like canyoning, paragliding and sandboarding. If you plan on trying your hand at one of these sports while in the Philippines, then its important to make sure you have appropriate cover.
For the thrill-seekers out there, Holiday Extras provides cover for hundreds of adventure sports. Just be sure to add the appropriate extra sports activity pack to your policy when making the booking. If you are unsure whether the sport you have in mind is covered, or whether you'll need to take out an extra sports activity pack, check out our 'What is classed as an extreme sport' page.
Group travel insurance for the Philippines
If you're travelling to the Philippines as part of a group of family or friends, it can often be more cost effective to take out just one policy that will cover all members of the travel group. Taking out group travel insurance to the Philippines can also make it easier to process a claim affecting the whole group, as everyone is on the same policy. For more information, check out group travel insurance.
Pre-existing medical conditions
A pre-existing medical condition shouldn't stop you from enjoying the benefits of a comprehensive travel insurance for your trip to the Philippines. At Holiday Extras, we do our best to make sure you receive appropriate cover no matter the medical condition. For more information, please see our medical conditions page.
Travel insurance reviews
At Holiday Extras, we take transparency about our products and services seriously - that's why we're proud to have a Trustpilot rating of "Great". Want to find out what previous customers had to say, before booking your travel insurance for the Philippines? Feel free to check out the reviews.
Philippines travel information
Read on for useful information on vaccines and safety as well as some recommended places to visit during your stay in the Philippines.
Is it safe in the Philippines?
The Philippines is a largely safe country, however, like in most places, you'll want to excersise common sense and take sensible precautions to stay safe when travelling. Basic things like organising a reputable hotel transfer and only using trusted taxi services, will do much to ensure your safety.
What injections do you need for the Philippines?
NaTHNaC suggests that all UK travellers will need hepatitis A, tetanus and typhoid injections to prevent illness. However, some travellers may need cholera, hepatitis B, Japanese Encephalitis, Rabies and TB vaccines, which can be discussed with your health provider. For more information please see GOV.UK
Top 5 things to see and do in the Philippines
These top tips will help you to find the best things to do in the Philippines, along with other necessary information for your visit.
1. Relax in Boracay
Boracay is famous for its white sand beaches and relaxing atmosphere. Recently reopened, it is perfect for those that want to soak up the sun under the palm trees and party all night.
2. Explore the Chocolate Hills
The Chocolate Hills consist of 1,260 hills which turn brown in the dry season and whose formation makes them perfect for white shark spotting and snorkelling.
3. Journey down the Puerto Princesa Underground River
This underground river is five miles long and an established UNESCO site. Travel down this 5-mile stretch to experience the beautiful limestone tunnels and blue-green waters.
4. Discover Manila Ocean Park
In the hustle and bustle of Manila, the Manila Ocean Park is a fantastic opportunity to experience shark encounters whilst learning about our finned friends.
5. Climb up the Mayon Volcano
There are four camps that allow you to explore the Mayon volcano. However, the volcano is still active, which means that the volcano is only for seasoned climbers and may be closed due to its eruption status.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.