Travel Insurance for Austria
Austria, the central European country filled with snow and picturesque charm, makes for a perfect weekend getaway. Whether you're visiting its capital, Vienna, or for a week-long skiing expedition, you won't be at a loss for amazing things to do in this idyllic country.
Along with your guidebook, camera and passport, don't forget to pack your travel insurance! You might be tempted to skimp on this important aspect of your holiday when ,along with your passport, this is one of the most vital items to go on holiday with.
At Holiday Extras we adopt a hassle-free approach to travel and want to make the process of booking your insurance as straightforward as possible. When choosing us as your holiday insurance provider you don't have to worry about getting bogged down with dozens of different policies. Holiday Extras travel insurance comes with three levels of cover on offer: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
|Emergency medical and repatriation expenses|
|Curtailment and loss of holiday|
|Passport and other documents|
|Baggage Delay (outward journey)|
|Legal costs and expenses|
|Scheduled airline failure|
|End supplier failure|
*Or as specified on your schedule
How long can I stay in Austria without a visa?
You can visit Austria without a visa as long as you have a UK passport. You can stay in Austria without alternate arrangements for 3 months.
What documents do I need to travel to Austria?
You will only need your passport to gain entry to Austria. UK Emergency Travel documents are also accepted for entry and exit to Austria. However, you should always travel with your European Health Insurance Card in case you need emergency medical care and take out comprehensive travel insurance before you leave.
Top 5 things in Austria
From Solden to St Anton am Arlberg, Austria is made for ski resorts. Picturesque villages and intermediate mountains fit for all the family, make Austria the perfect environment for winter skiing from January to March.
2. The Belvedere Museum
The Belvedere is a stately baroque palace with beautifully landscaped gardens. What's more, the Belvedere is home to the world's largest collection of Klimt paintings, the most famous of which is 'The Kiss'.
3. Vienna State Opera
Famous as a film location, the Vienna State Opera House is celebrating its 150th year in 2018/19. This makes it the perfect time to experience its majesty with one of its soaring performances.
4. Lake Wolfgang
For a romantic honeymoon location, this 10.5 kilometre lake is nestled between Salzburg and Upper Austria, making it one of the most Instagram-worthy water features in Central Europe.
5. Sigmund Freud Museum
To discover where psychology began and see the homes in which Freud wrote his famous theories, some of which are the basis for psychology today, the Sigmund Freud Museum is an intimate look at one of the great minds of the early 20th century.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Holiday Extras Cover Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848.
Holiday Extras™ is a Trading Name of Holiday Extras Cover Limited
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance is provided by Taurus Insurance Services, an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830.
The insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.