Faster and smarter in the app... Download now

Luton airport offers holiday deals

[January 30th 2009]

Luton airport is now offering holidays and flights direct as well as car hire.

London Luton Direct books flights with all airlines flying from Luton and now has some holiday deals available for weekend breaks in France. In the popular seaside resort of Biarritz, famous for its glitz and glamour and great surf, 3 nights B&B at the 3 star Tulip Inn starts from £269 per person based on two sharing a double room.

Alternatively, three nights room only at the 2 star Royal Hotel in Montpellier starts from just £154 per person based on two sharing a double or twin room with flights to Beziers from Luton.

An innovative service which provides worldwide travel assistance and information services in any language is now available on the London Luton Airport website.

Multilingual staff are on hand 24 hours a day with the CallUma service. They aim to ensure that no matter what problems you may encounter abroad, expert advice and local information are just a phone call or text message away.

And if you find yourself in a situation where you need to communicate effectively but don’t have the language skills to do so there is the ‘Pass The Phone’ service. Over the phone interpreters will help you deal with difficult circumstances and enable you to get on with your holiday.

Another new service from Luton airport is Tag n Traq, a luggage tracking service. Tag n Traq protects luggage using a unique tracking number. Tags can be attached to any item, such as a suitcase, laptop, briefcase or school bag. The service also offers a worldwide multilingual 24 hour baggage handler helpline, ensuring you are reunited with your bags quickly and efficiently.

Airlines flying from Luton include easyJet, Ryanair, Wizz Air, Monarch Scheduled, Aer Arann, Thomson Airways,, SkyEurope, First Choice, Flybe and Thomas Cook. Altogether the airport serves more than 90 destinations in Europe and Africa.

Luton airport is operated by a consortium in which Abertis Infraestructuras, a leading European infrastructure provider, is a 90% majority shareholder. Aena Internacional, the international business arm of Aena, the Spanish national airport and air traffic control organisation, holds the remaining 10% shareholding.

Written by: Nick Purdom