Travel Insurance from Holiday Extras
Travel insurance and the FCDO
Holiday Extras now offers enhanced COVID-19 protect enabling you to travel to European countries where the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advises against "non-essential" travel, as long as the advice is against all but essential travel solely as a result of COVID-19. For more information, see our COVID-19 cover section of this page.
Welcome back to holidays! Our flexible policies, with three different levels of cover are here to help you travel hassle-free in the new normal.
With over 30 years' experience selling travel insurance, half a million policies sold annually and Globe's Best Insurance Provider twelve years running, it's safe to say we know a thing or two about travel insurance. That's why, at Holiday Extras we've put together three levels of cover that can be tailored specifically to your individual needs.
Book on or offline! We have over 30 trained insurance specialists, as well as an Insurance Support Page waiting to help you book the perfect policy and answer any questions you may have.
We've also put together the Holiday Extras' Hassle-free Holiday Hub, your one-stop shop for information to get you prepared for travel returning.
Why is Travel Insurance important?
To put it simply: travel insurance or 'holiday insurance' is a precaution. When going on holiday you invest money in your trip: from transport, parking, accommodation and luggage — not to mention your health too.
Whether you need a single trip or annual travel insurance policy, or maybe you're setting sail and need cruise insurance — we have a wide array of comparable cover level options for you to choose from.
Alongside our trusted, reliable and comprehensive cover, Holiday Extras are also specialists for medical travel insurance. If you have a serious medical condition (or multiple conditions), our compassionate and understanding team will work with you to find you a policy that meets your requirements.
With over 99% of common conditions covered, we are proud to say that our specialist medical cover meets the requirements for inclusion on the Money Advice Service (MAS) travel insurance directory.
Four reasons to choose Holiday Extras as your travel insurance provider:
|Three different cover level options
to suit your travel needs
|Voted best insurance provider by the Globe Travel Awards 2020||We will consider ALL medical conditions||Cruise cover for itinerary change, cabin confinement and abandonment|
|UK Staycation cover available for those not travelling internationally||Rated 4.2 out of 5 on Trustpilot||Up to £15 million worth of medical cover||We're partnered with the largest cruise lines|
|Single or Annual? Europe or Worldwide?||Recommended and used by over 500 travel agents||COVID cover included||No upper age limit on single trip policies|
|Extras including gadget cover, winter sports, extreme sports available.||Award-winning Kent-based contact centre||24/7 online medical screening||We offer medical and non-medical cruise policies|
While travel restrictions are beginning to lift, we understand that this is still an unpredictable time. As such, peace of mind is of the utmost importance. That's why at Holiday Extras, we offer COVID-19 cover on our Bronze, Silver and Gold policies as standard. As such, you are insured for the following:
- Cancellation if you or anyone insured on your policy contracts COVID-19 prior to travelling and receives a positive test within 14 days prior to the travel start date.
- Abandonment cover if you, or anyone insured on this policy were denied boarding by your transport provider on the outward journey of your trip due to having or being suspected of having an infectious disease including COVID-19.
- Up to £15,000,000 if you require emergency medical treatment abroad.
- Cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if you are discharged from hospital but medically unable to return home immediately.
- Cover for additional accommodation and/or return transportation if you are denied boarding your return flight due to having or being suspected of having COVID-19.
- Confinement benefit payment for each 24 hour period where you are ordered into self-isolation in your holiday accommodation
- Costs for one other person to stay with you, or to travel to you from the UK and accompany you home.
- Travel costs to or from a hospital relating to your admission, discharge or attendance for outpatient treatment.
Enhanced COVID-19 protect
If you're looking for an increased level of cover, you can add our optional enhanced COVID-19 protect to your policy.
Unlike the standard COVID-19 cover, an enhanced COVID-19 protect policy covers travel against the advice of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) as long as the advice is against all but essential travel solely as a result of COVID-19. Please note: This only applies when travelling to countries in Europe.
Be sure to check our policy documents page for a more in-depth look into what our policies cover.
Why do I need travel insurance for my holiday?
While no one wants to think about worst-case scenarios on holiday, it is worth having a safety net in place should something go wrong down the line that could potentially leave you out of pocket. That's why it's important to have the best travel insurance for your own specific needs.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848, Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address, Ashford road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is registered in Ireland No. 306045. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac’s Registered Office is First Floor, Rineanna House, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those for firms based in the UK. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website, our FRN is 203320.