Holiday Extras adds Covid cover to travel insurance
Holiday Extras, the marker leader in holiday extras such as airport parking, airport hotels and travel insurance, announced this week the addition of Covid cover to its top levels of insurance - Gold, Platinum, Cruise Medical and Cruise Gold.
Those policies now include:
- Cancellation if you or anyone insured on your policy contracts COVID-19 prior to travelling and receives a positive test within 14 days prior to the travel start date.
- £10,000,000 if customers require emergency medical treatment abroad
- Repatriation if required
- Cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if the customer is discharged from hospital but medically unable to return home immediately
- Costs for one other person to stay with the customer, or to travel to the customer from the UK and accompany them home
- Travel costs to or from a hospital relating to your admission, discharge or attendance for outpatient treatment
- Travel costs to and from appointments, or for the collection of medication prescribed for you by the hospital and the cost of additional food and drink
- Platinum only: cover for additional accommodation and/or return transportation if you are denied boarding your return flight due to having or being suspected of having COVID-19
Adam Edinburgh, Head of Commercial (Insurance) at Holiday Extras, commented:
"Holiday Extras' latest market research shows that 82% of people who flew abroad in the last year plan to do so again either this year or next, and 43% have already booked their trip. Even with Spain temporarily off the quarantine-exemption list most of last year's holiday market is keen to travel soon, and since we know one of the things they need to do so is good travel insurance that protects their trip if they fall ill, we expanded our cover to help."
Book your holiday extras early
It pays to book your travel insurance as soon as you book your holiday or youur flights.Book my travel insurance today
For some inspiration for your own own post-lockdown bucketlist, check out our guide to one of our favourite Greek islands, Santorini. Greece re-opened to British holidaymakers on 15th July
Next article: parking prices down 30% this summer
Need some help booking all your holiday extras? Want to talk to someone about other options at the airport? We want to help you travel hassle-free! At the moment the best way to get help with a booking is online, by visiting our help and support page.
We're here to help.
Need some help booking all your holiday extras? Want to talk to someone about other options at the airport?
We want to help you travel hassle-free!
At the moment the best way to get help with a booking is online, by visiting our help and support page.