San Francisco Airport Transfers
Book your cheap airport transfer from San Francisco Airport through Holiday Extras from just £30.92, with FREE cancellations*.
San Francisco has got the best of everything; all the excitement of a big American metropolis, but with a laid back California vibe. Our San Francisco Airport transfers serve San Francisco International, Oakland International and San Jose Airports and drop off in popular destinations around the city, including Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, Chinatown and South of Market.
For other American transfers, take a look at USA Airport Transfers for destinations including New York Airport Transfers, Washington DC and Orlando.
If you're flying into Oakland International Airport, check out our dedicated page for transfers from Oakland to San Francisco.
Compare low-cost transfers from San Francisco Airports
|Pick-up and Drop Off Destinations||Transfer time||Price (per person)|
|San Francisco Intl. Airport to Fisherman's Wharf||1 hour||£30.92 (Shared shuttle bus)|
|San Francisco Intl. Airport to Union Square||30 minutes||£50.01 (Economy private car for 3 people)|
|Oakland Intl. Airport to Chinatown||40 minutes||£83.77 (Private car for 3 people)|
|Oakland Intl. Airport to South of Market||40 mins||£83.77 (Private car for 3 people)|
|San Jose (Norman Y. Mineta) Airport to Mission District||1 hour 50 minutes||£70.91 (Private SUV for 5 people)|
San Francisco Airport FAQsHow many airports are there in San Francisco?
There are 3 international airports in and around San Francisco. The newest is San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and there is also Oakland International Airport (OAK) and Norman Y. Mineta (San Jose) Airport (SJC).Which airport is closer to the city centre?
San Francisco International Airport is the closest to the city centre, just 13 miles away. A transfer takes approximately 30 minutes. Oakland International is 25 miles away, and San Jose Airport is the furthest out, at 60 miles.What facilities do the airports have?
All three airports have all the facilities you would want when stepping off or getting ready for a long flight. Being the newest, SFO has the best selection of things to do, including rotating museum exhibitions, galleries, a spa, yoga and contemplation rooms and playrooms for children. All the airports have plenty of shopping and food choices and have free wifi throughout the terminals.Why book your transfer with Holiday Extras?
- We have been helping customers with the nitty-gritty bits of travel for 36 years. From insurance to airport hotels to car hire, we've got the experience to make the whole process easy.
- Our booking system compares 1000's of airport transfer options with just one click.
- Our UK based call centre and helpline are available 24/7.
- The vehicles we use are of the highest standard, all under five years old and with air conditioning, perfect for those Californian summer days.
- We are trusted by all of the world's leading travel companies.
- Once you have booked your San Francisco airport transfers with Holiday Extras (hooray!) you will receive an email confirmation, which you will need when you take your transfer, so pop it somewhere safe and remember to bring it with you. All that's left to do then is to sit back, relax, and start dreaming of California.
- When you arrive in San Francisco, make your way to the arrivals hall, stopping to grab your luggage on the way.
- The next step will depend on which transfer you choose. If you're on a shared shuttle, a representative will be waiting to show you to your coach.
- If you've gone with a private transfer, keep a lookout for a person with your name on a board (just like in the movies!) They will either be in the arrivals hall or at the designated desk, there will be full instructions on your confirmation.
- In fact, your confirmation has got all the details on it, so if in doubt, check it out.
Delays are one of the lesser joys of travel, but if it happens to be your plane which gets held up, don't worry. On your confirmation, there is a contact number which will put you through to your provider. Let them know what's happened and they'll ensure that someone is waiting for you when you land.What happens when it's time to come home?
All good things must come to an end and when it's time to say cheerio to San Francisco, your return to the airport is taken care of.
- All the details of your return transfer are on your confirmation, including pick up time and location.
- It's recommended that you're ready to go at least 15 minutes before your pick-up time, to ensure everything runs smoothly.
An Introduction to San Francisco
With vibrant nightlife, a laid back lifestyle and sweeping bay views, San Francisco is the ultimate in California cool. The city has become a cultural hub on the west coast of America, and the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge is an instantly recognisable symbol which dominates the impressive skyline.
The districts of San Francisco each have their own identity and atmosphere, and you could easily spend weeks exploring the best of what the city has to offer. The Mission district is the oldest neighbourhood, built in 1776, and is home to a number of restaurants and galleries. Shopaholics will want to head to Union Square, with trendy boutiques and big-name brands to tempt the money out of your wallet.
The trendiest neighbourhoods in this already trendy city are South of Market (SOMA as locals call it), with nightclubs, restaurants and bars which come alive after dark, and North Beach. This district has a heavy Italian influence, which is apparent in the multitude of jazz clubs, restaurants, galleries and gelato bars crowded into the area.
Getting around San Francisco is an adventure in itself. The famous cable cars are the best way to cover ground between attractions, and an almost obligatory experience when in San Francisco.
A choice of transfers
Whether you're on a budget or wanting a touch of luxury, we have got a range of shared and private transfers from the San Francisco airports.
Your airport transfer will aim to drop you off outside your chosen address, so there's no need to be dragging your suitcase around looking for your hotel. Please note that sometimes due to vehicle size or your drop off point being in a pedestrianised area, you will have to be dropped off nearby instead. This will be confirmed before you travel.
Not all transfers are created equal, so we have trawled through providers to find you the best range of options at the best prices. All of our vehicles have room for 1 suitcase per person, and air conditioning as standard.
- Our cheapest option is a shared shuttle bus. These hassle-free, no-frills coaches are shared with fellow travellers, so will make a maximum of 8 stops on the way to your accommodation.
- If you're travelling with a few friends or family, our private transfer cars are ideal. With space for 3 people, this is the most cost-effective private transfer option for small groups to start your holiday in style.
- We also offer special variations of private cars, such as SUVs and even limousines to give you an unforgettable start to your San Francisco adventure.
- For larger parties, our minibuses are the way to go. With room for up to 5 people, they can work out very cost-effective when the price is split between travellers, and are far simpler than trying to organise multiple taxis or corral everyone onto public transport.
- For an ultra-luxurious transfer, we offer executive cars, including Mercedes models, for an extra special start to your trip.
- If you want to have a private transfer without breaking the bank, we also offer economy versions of our private cars and minibuses.
If you need any help...
For all your San Francisco Airport transfer questions and queries, our UK based team is on hand to help you out. Simply click here to visit our help and support page.
*Prices quoted based on one passenger, picking-up at San Francisco Airport (SFO) and dropping off in Fisherman's Wharf via a shared shuttle bus. Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability. FREE cancellations valid on all bookings up to 72 hours before travel time.Top